What has led to this? How to treat?

Priya26

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IMG-20210624-WA0006.jpeg
IMG-20210624-WA0006.jpeg
This is my 7day old kitten her mother licks her and nurses her . Today suddenly i found this . Can anyone help me with home remedy. Amid this pandemic it has been very dfficult for me to find a vet

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your picture is fuzzy. Perhaps take mom and kittens to vet for a check up? Others who know more about kittens should turn up. But when in doubt a vet is usually a good place to start.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Priya26

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your picture is fuzzy. Perhaps take mom and kittens to vet for a check up? Others who know more about kittens should turn up. But when in doubt a vet is usually a good place to start.
Don't have that option . Hey also noticed two fleas. And about the picture really hard to click a snap of the kitty 😸

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That looks raw. Is that from mom licking the kitten’s bottom? Apply vaseline as a protective layer.

P Priya26

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Priya26

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I too think the same .... I applied vaseline . What to do about the fleas?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Use a flea comb to pick the fleas off the kittens. Drop the fleas in a bowl of soapy Dawn water. They will drown. Put a tube of Advantage II on the back of mom’s neck. Vacuum the floors and wash all bedding in hot water. If you’re infested it can take a couple of weeks of doing this to get rid of fleas, eggs, and larvae.