What happens if a cat eat a buspirone pill 5mg?

Dave8014

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello back again. Seems like I’m always worrying about my cat over the years that don’t even have a chance to enjoy him. Just look at my posts in the last few years lol. Always something that turned into nothing. Like today I thought my clothes rubbed on bird poop on my car and when I got home I thought my cat sniffed it and now he has cryptococcosis. Sigh. Anyway So I was taking my pill that I take for anxiety (makes sense). They are very tiny. By accident i dropped one tonight. It got stuck on my wet hands and then it disappeared. I didn’t even hear it drop. I can’t find it anywhere. Im terrified my cat will find it and eat it. I heard anti anxiety pills are toxic.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello back again. Seems like I’m always worrying about my cat over the years that don’t even have a chance to enjoy him. Just look at my posts in the last few years lol. Always something that turned into nothing. Like today I thought my clothes rubbed on bird poop on my car and when I got home I thought my cat sniffed it and now he has cryptococcosis. Sigh. Anyway So I was taking my pill that I take for anxiety (makes sense). They are very tiny. By accident i dropped one tonight. It got stuck on my wet hands and then it disappeared. I didn’t even hear it drop. I can’t find it anywhere. Im terrified my cat will find it and eat it. I heard anti anxiety pills are toxic.
Do you have a black light? I know it will spot glass,urine,bed bugs. Not sure what else. Keep an eye on her as you already are. I would assume she would react to it immediately. I drop tiny pills almost every day. Luckily my cats do not touch them

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Also get your broom out. A black light,utra violet light,would be useful to keep around, buspiron is also used for cats though a lower dosage.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dave8014

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also get your broom out. A black light,utra violet light,would be useful to keep around, buspiron is also used for cats though a lower dosage.
Yeah I researched and apparently it is used in cats. Probably should of researched first. They can take 5mg twice daily and luckily the pill that fell was 5 mg so I feel tons better

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be very worried and type about it before googling. Done that many times

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd call the vet and ask to be sure. Never trust Dr. Google or any info found online. Buspirone may be given to cats but if your cat doesn't have anxiety or needs to be treated for anything, possible ingestion of the pill may cause your cat to become sick or show some side effects.