what got into my cat this morning!?

loribeth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've had Malachy for about 11/12 weeks now ...we have bonded very well ... but I guess his personality is still emerging ...most mornings he wakes me up(very early) by clawing at the covers, cooing & head rubbing ...he will not stop until I feed him - so I do & go back to bed. He leaves me alone after that or comes back to bed & lays down until I get up.  This morning - same scenario to start but after eating he came back & continued an all out attack on the bed and the night stand ...pouncing on my legs & feet and all over the bed ...zooming in & out if the room ...so obnoxious was he!  I'm befuddled ...just feeling good?  I finally got up at 5am ...did not leave for work until 8:30; his antics never stopped ...it's like he was a toddler pumped up on sugar ( of course he had no sugar & is 2 years old ..still young I know but not a kitten)

Last edited:

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, it sounds like a typical "mad do" as l like to call them. Maybe you're getting a storm.

So cute, you should have taken video 

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Them's the joys of owning a crepuscular animal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

loribeth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I guess it all was rather funny ...I'm just surprised his nonsense lasted so long ...I had forgotten how entertaining they can be!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I call them the 'cat crazies', some personalities have them more often and longer then others. My Siamese cross has them often and is obnoxious until you do what he wants, mainly to let him out. He races around, and has even ran into furniture and walls! My 13 year old seldom has them, he is a LOT more laid back, but once in awhile he races around the house like a kitten, yowling the whole time. Be happy your cat has them, I'm sure he must feel extremely good to do so!

nora1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's too funny!

My cat has "cat crazies" before bed! She gets very wound up about an hour before we go to bed - running around the house, jumping on and off her cat tower, and playing "attack" on her toys! It lasts about an hour. As soon as we get ready for bed, and crawl into bed, she's stopped and finding a sleeping spot for the night. 

During her cat crazies, we bring out the laser pointer, her favourite toy! 

Cats are awesome! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

loribeth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

That's too funny!

My cat has "cat crazies" before bed! She gets very wound up about an hour before we go to bed - running around the house, jumping on and off her cat tower, and playing "attack" on her toys! It lasts about an hour. As soon as we get ready for bed, and crawl into bed, she's stopped and finding a sleeping spot for the night.

During her cat crazies, we bring out the laser pointer, her favourite toy!

Cats are awesome! 

Malachy does that a lot before bed too ...helps get him ready to sleep I think ...he was at it again this morning at 4 ..so I fed him as usual but soon he was back in bed swatting & clawing the blanket, attacking my hair (he actually scratched my ear)  ...I ended up shutting him out of the bedroom so I could sleep a few more hours ( and putting earplugs in) ...but I am glad he is feeling good!

I guess this is his new normal  as he continues to settle in & blossom.