• Girl

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

megjones

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,

A friend of mine has just taken on her aunty’s cat and has no idea what gender he/she is. Unfortunately her Aunty has now passed away and I’m trying to get to the bottom of this. She’s called her Nora but not sure if Norman would be more fitting. Please could I have your thoughts? Thanks in advance!
7B4F0EAC-0B68-4F24-9353-35D57CC28602.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

megjones

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the quick reply!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, I'm fairly sure that's a female. Possibly a neutered male but I don't think so. Definitely no testicles. Tabbies have confusing dark spots.

Do you know what vet your aunty took Nora to? You should be able to get her vet records. If not it would be a good idea to get her in for a checkup.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh I'm trying to find pictures of older females to compare, all I can find is kittens. I might have to grab one of mine and try to get a pic, lol. Nora is a bit fluffy/scraggly back there which makes things less clear.

Here's a picture of males though:
difference-between-entire-male-cat-and-neutered-male-cat.jpg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm going in circles on this one. I think I may see a vulva in that dark patch. But I also think that I may see an empty scrotum, as well! Yeah, find out who the vet is and check with them. I can generally come to a decision, but this cat is definitely keeping his/her secrets!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going in circles on this one. I think I may see a vulva in that dark patch. But I also think that I may see an empty scrotum, as well! Yeah, find out who the vet is and check with them. I can generally come to a decision, but this cat is definitely keeping his/her secrets!
I know! Me too! At first I said definitely female, then second-guessed myself and edited it. Now, since her name IS Nora I'm going to assume there's a good reason Aunty thought she was female, so I'll go with that, but it's better to have the vet confirm.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

megjones

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thanks everyone! Going to call the vets today to get Nora booked in. We aren’t certain on which vet has been used before but hoping to find some records and ring around. Thanks again guys xx

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
DO let us know for sure if we have a Nora or a Norman! I'm generally pretty good with sexing kittens and cats, but occasionally one will really fool me!

BNE

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
DO let us know for sure if we have a Nora or a Norman! I'm generally pretty good with sexing kittens and cats, but occasionally one will really fool me!
Yeah! Please do!

I too thought I was pretty good at recognising genders (in mainly kittens) But this threw me well off!