what food should i be feeding to my 2 mo old osiris

nyzki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had a question in regards to the type of food that my 2mo old osiris should be eating at the present moment he is eating dry cat food and seems to be doing fine, iam concerned about feeding him moist food since he tried that and it seemed to be too rich for his little system. Iam currently feeding him meow mix which he seems to like but what is the best for him to be eating i want him to be getting the best nutrition he can but iam at a loss for what would be the best choice

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Best is a formulated for kittens dry food, as they have nutritional needs that are different from an adult cat. Second best is a dry food that says it is formulated for all lifestages and gives recommended feeding guidelines that include kittens.

A brief overall guide would be try to feed the best quality you can afford and easily obtain. Look for foods that do NOT use by-products, soy or wheat flour, whole/cracked or ground corn, sugars, artificial flavors, artificial color. You want a food that has real meat (or poultry) or meat/poultry meal as the first ingredient. Look for foods without BHA/BHT or ethoxyquin, but which are preserved with mixed tocopherols (vitamin e).

I prefer to not feed any food with garlic in it (in the same family as onions which are toxic to cats).

Good brands include PetGuard, Felidae, Innova, Innvova EVO, Natural Balance, Nutro's Natural Choice Complete Care line, this is just a partial list.

Hope this helps!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
where are you planning to buy the food( feed store , pet store , pet supermareket , health food store... I like all the ones Pat gave you though i didnt like the petguard dry( there wet is good for the two flavors i can get), plus premium edge and chn soup