What Food Are You Craving?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I made pasta with meatballs Christmas eve. There was enough to send him a meal with my son and also make four freezer containers of sauce and meatballs for myself. I woke this morning craving meatballs and garlic toast so I guess that is diner tonight.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I would really enjoy a nice pot roast or a nice beef stew...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Irish Soda bread I think I might get ambitious and make some ...makes the house smell so good.
You're just a week away from St. Patrick's Day so you might want to make that Irish Soda bread soon. 🍀 I might do the same.

Brownies, (no frosting).

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I am long overdue for coconut cake! Rick is making a cheesecake for himself for Easter. I just might make a coconut cake and give half to my sister.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Ina Garten's ultimate grilled cheese

1712431700100.png

• 12 slices thick-cut bacon, such as Nodine’s applewood smoked
  • 1 cup good mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 white pullman loaf or sourdough bread, sliced ½ inch thick (12 slices)
  • 6 tablespoons salted butter, at room temperature
  • 6 ounces aged Gruyère or Comté cheese
  • 6 ounces extra-sharp Cheddar, such as Cabot or Shelburne Farms
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Arrange the bacon on a baking rack set over a sheet pan in a single layer and roast for 20 to 30 minutes, until nicely browned. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels and cut in 1-inch pieces.
Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, Parmesan, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Lay 12 slices of bread on a board and spread each one lightly with butter. Flip the slices and spread each one generously with the mayonnaise mixture. Don’t neglect the corners!
Grate the cheeses in a food processor fitted with the largest grating disk and combine. Distribute the bacon evenly on half the slices of bread. Pile 1/3 cup grated cheese evenly on top of the bacon and top with the remaining bread slices, sauce side down.
Meanwhile, heat an electric panini press. When the press is hot, cook the sandwiches for 3 to 5 minutes in batches until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted. Allow to cool for 2 minutes. Cut in half and serve warm.
Copyright 2010, Barefoot Contessa How Easy is That? by Ina Garten, Clarkson Potter/Publishers, All Rights Reserved

Last edited: