What Else Do You Do Online?

Pinkbeam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope this hasn't been asked already.

What do you do online on a regular basis, besides TCS? I'm always looking for new and interesting things to do.
Currently I come here and use Quora. Quora is really cool, and they pay me to ask questions. I've got 28 dollars on there right now I need to cash out.
I play Home Street, Township, The Sims, and Farm and Craft.
I also watch a lot of Youtube to see my fave bands and use Spotify to just listen.
I love Pinterest when I'm looking for ideas. I take surveys with Product Report Card.
I use Craigslist and Indeed to job search.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm always watching YouTube pimple popping I'm definitely a popperholic :thumbsup: And I do love watching people falling over now you know my guilty pleasures.

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am a member of several forums related to my hobbies:
- Musicians (primarily electronic music performers)
- Swimming pool (forums related to pool maintenance)
- Music (Bandcamp.com where I have purchased hundreds of download albums)
- Christmas - I am a major Christmas decorator and there are many forums for people with my affliction:santa:
- Model train forums
- Shooting
- And of course, cats! :happycat:

I also do online bill paying through my bank, check credit card statements and investment accounts.
I check the weather at least once a day for where we live, our condo in FL, and where our children live.
And, I buy stuff from Amazon and on ebay.

I get a lot of value from Youtube videos for repairing stuff. Some of the videos are very poor, but I can usually find at least one that provides a lot of help in repairing things around the house.

I do not use any social media....no Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pinkbeam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am a member of several forums related to my hobbies:
- Musicians (primarily electronic music performers)

I get a lot of value from Youtube videos for repairing stuff. Some of the videos are very poor, but I can usually find at least one that provides a lot of help in repairing things around the house.

What music forum do you use, if you don't mind me asking? My husband is a musician.
He also uses youtube for repair videos all the time. Very helpful. :)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watch stuff on youtube, go on facebook, and lurk on some wedding sites/forums. I don't have the time to join anything else, but I read and get ideas.

I also do class dojo with my school.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I buy clothes and household items online as I can't really walk well enough to go shopping. I have in the past ordered groceries online.

I also read Quora and consult Wikipedia constantly.

I check with Home Advisor for service people.

The only game I play online is Solitaire, but I have Gardenscapes on my tablet.

It's just amazing how important the Internet is today. When I think about how it was 40 years ago, there's a big difference. I wouldn't have been able to live independently back then like I do now. And so many decisions I made back then were based on little or no information like we have today. I would have made different choices if I'd had the Internet.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess, for me, the question might be rephrased as: 'What DON't you do online?' Anything that's do-able online, I'm probably doing at some point. Love of and devotion to the machine runs in the family, and I grew up fascinated by computers. Sometimes I tell people I'd like to be implanted with a chip. I'm only half joking, since I consider my devices to be an adjunct of my brain (and very necessary ones at that!). Specifically, I do a lot of business-related stuff, photographic stuff, a little gaming, lots of social stuff all over the place, writing, and a tremendous amount of googling.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They have asked me to participate in that program, but I don't want to. Answers to too many things I could ask are easily found by searching the Internet. Many of the questions on Quora are already like that - my answer would be to go look it up.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They have asked me to participate in that program, but I don't want to. Answers to too many things I could ask are easily found by searching the Internet. Many of the questions on Quora are already like that - my answer would be to go look it up.
So strange that anyone online presumably has access to a search engine and yet so many people ask questions they could find answers to on there! Maybe it's the social aspect? :headscratch:

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I spend more time than I care to admit on YouTube, watching cat videos and scary and creepy ghost/paranormal type videos. YouTube must have found out that I have a few screws loose because I always find in my recommendations list titles such as "The Man in My Closet Won't Stop Screaming" and "Grizzly Stories for Gruesome Children." Those are the actual titles.

Also, don't judge me, but I have been reading a lot of Veronica Mars fanfiction. I never watched the series when it first aired, but I stumbled upon the movie a couple of years ago. It piqued my interest, so after I watched it, I went back and watched on Hulu the first three seasons, as well as season 4, which recently came out. I like Matchbox 20, but I will forever hate Rob Thomas for what he did to Logan.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I spend more time than I care to admit on YouTube, watching cat videos and scary and creepy ghost/paranormal type videos. YouTube must have found out that I have a few screws loose because I always find in my recommendations list titles such as "The Man in My Closet Won't Stop Screaming" and "Grizzly Stories for Gruesome Children." Those are the actual titles.

Also, don't judge me, but I have been reading a lot of Veronica Mars fanfiction. I never watched the series when it first aired, but I stumbled upon the movie a couple of years ago. It piqued my interest, so after I watched it, I went back and watched on Hulu the first three seasons, as well as season 4, which recently came out. I like Matchbox 20, but I will forever hate Rob Thomas for what he did to Logan.
IDK from Hulu or those titles, but I have seen it said that cat videos increase productivity and emotional wellbeing. So keep watchin' those meowers! I know I will.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Who needs videos when you have the real thing? Indy has more energy than the energizer bunny.

I play online RPGs like Neverwinter and Champions of the Forgotten Realms. I also like just browsing on Google and reading how stuff works.

Not online but I love the polygon colour by number app. It's like an adult colouring book you can use over and over.

Pinkbeam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So strange that anyone online presumably has access to a search engine and yet so many people ask questions they could find answers to on there! Maybe it's the social aspect? :headscratch:
I ask questions to get people's opinions. For example, I asked, What gifts would you give to someone that just lost a loved one? And I got all kinds of great answers. And a lot of people type out their own experiences from when they lost someone, what gifts they appreciated.

Quora pays money to ask questions, not answer them. So if you ask a good question, that hasn't been already asked, and the question gets lots of traffic and lots of good answers, the more you get paid.

So it's pretty good for questions that don't have just a black and white answer, like yes or no lol. And there's literally every topic on there you can imagine.

Pinkbeam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IDK from Hulu or those titles, but I have seen it said that cat videos increase productivity and emotional wellbeing. So keep watchin' those meowers! I know I will.
Couldn't agree more lol. When I'm in a bummed mood, youtube cat videos and then I'm laughing in no time. Only thing that is super effective lol.:)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a great idea and concept, Pinkbeam Pinkbeam ! Haven't been there before but might just do that one of these days. I can probably ask some pretty unusual questions when I set my mind to it.
And yeah, those cat videos are lifesavers! Do you ever go on icanhascheezburger.com? Mostly memes but some videos too. I'm on their listserv so I get a daily email with a fresh load daily. I'm a firm believer in laughing every day (and not snarkily) so these are also important for me.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, aside from the usual things related to keeping my life straight I've been involved in the virtual world Second Life for nearly 14 years and I moderate 2 Flickr groups related to that platform for photos taken in-world.

I've very active on Instagram and Twitter but that's it for social media other than maybe Trip Advisor when I'm getting ready to go somewhere for research. I got rid of the rest of it as I found it too much of a time suck and/or too mentally exhausting and aggravating.

There is a retirement forum I look at sometimes but rarely post in - I use it more for informational uses since I'm starting to think about that phase of our life.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, aside from the usual things related to keeping my life straight I've been involved in the virtual world Second Life for nearly 14 years and I moderate 2 Flickr groups related to that platform for photos taken in-world.

I've very active on Instagram and Twitter but that's it for social media other than maybe Trip Advisor when I'm getting ready to go somewhere for research. I got rid of the rest of it as I found it too much of a time suck and/or too mentally exhausting and aggravating.

There is a retirement forum I look at sometimes but rarely post in - I use it more for informational uses since I'm starting to think about that phase of our life.
I was on SecondLife for awhile and really enthusiastic about it but left because everything was monetized, which I won't do. It's a great idea, though. Are you enjoying it?