What does your cat mean to you?

101catnation

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was up in the middle of the night to check on my youngest (Weezer - 1 year) who suddenly came down with respiratory symptoms this eve. A quick google led me to this site as I wanted to check if tempting him with some KMR was a good thing. Now he is sleeping again, and he looks more relaxed; he is on his heated pillow and our "wood burning" (gas) stove warms us as I explore the site while watching over my little troublemaker.

And, now I am a member, because of the like voices I've read in this thread.

I started collecting cats and kittens years ago; I've made my fair share of mistakes but have also learned along the way. I'm no vet, but I tune into my beauties; as with Weezer, I knew immediately something was wrong by his body posture this evening. The sneezing started a few hours later, after all the food and drink I could tempt him with had been administered.

I am nothing short of "Mother" to all my cats. I have 5 now; their was a time I had 8; the numbers ebb and flow like some tidal force. What lured my into this thread were the voices of the abused and depressed cat owners here. I was emotionally abused as a child, which has played out as Bipolar Disorder (think extreme anxiety 24/7 punctuated by severe depressive episodes if you aren't sure what that means). Each cat I've had the pleasure of sharing my life with had been initially "earmarked" (figuratively) in some way in the beginning for a hard life. Like mine has been; somewhere between difficult and tragic. They were thrown out like trash, lost/likely abandoned, too sick to be bothered with, or just plain ignored: one by one they come to my drafty farmhouse - meals are warmed, pillows are plugged in, Christmases are spent at the vet when necessary, and the purrs always start to roll in as new friends - properly introduced - are made.

There is no doubt in my heart that much of my life goes to saving these creatures in the way that I wished to be saved for many years. If someone had taken notice, and felt a few of the things that I had felt, and scratched out a corner with a little compassion, well maybe I would have bloomed and grown like so many of my feline charges. Caring for my cats make me a happier, better person. I will continue giving the things that I see are lost to them, because it makes me as close to a well person as possible. Maybe even happy. Because they forgive my ignorance, and only wish to teach me more.

At this hour, I can't do the math and tell you how many cats I've had. I can only tell you that I've felt what it is to have loved every single one. And that is why I am here.

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
**PS: Grizzly farted the whole way through my writing of this post.. While he was sleeping.. Such an oxymoron.. I was pouring my heart out and he totally ruined it! LOL
That was just his heartbeat pounding against you! 

*IF* heartbeats smelled like farts..! (I knew you would say something like that! hahahah!)

ang scaduto

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am obsessed with cats. All together i had 7 cats. My first cat i ever owned was a Maine Coon. Before i was born my parents took her in as a stray. They named her Lucy. She was so fat, she was so adorable. when my mom made pork chops for dinner she would waddle in the kitchen. I got my second cat from my mom's sister cat who had kittens. My mom thought of the name Ethel. Then our family adopted a Russian blue from the animal shelter. We choose him not because he was adorable but he had a bad eye. We named him Ricky because we already had a Lucy and Ethel. They were the best cats. I was so lucky to have them. When they all went up into animal heaven was the saddest day of my life. Ethel and Ricky are in my room on my drawer. We spread Lucy's ashes in the gardens of the place she got cremated. Now i have 4 other awesome cats that i can love everyday. I adopted Remy form a pet store in 2010. He has big green eyes and a big nose. My favorite part about him is that he only drinks water straight from the faucet. Then in 2012 I adopted 2 more cats from Save A Pet. I adopted Finn first. He has bluish fur with white paws, nose and chest area. What is special about him is he is a polydactyl cat. Samuel was the final cat (so i thought). He is a special cat because he is all white and has a fluffy tail.  what's special about him is he loves to cuddle with me. Just a 2 days after christmas i got a late present. A stray cat appears out of nowhere in the backyard. She meows and comes straight towards me. At first she was so cute. she would rub against my leg and wanted attention. my mom told me do don't feed her and dont give her any water, but i couldn't help it she was skinny and extremely hungry.she didn't want to leave she kept coming back. Just days later we brought her to the vet and she became my fourth cat. What's special about her is that she is obsessed with socks. She would bring sock upstairs sand just drop it and meow. My cats are so forgiving and so lovable. They have their own personalities which makes me smile and laugh. When I'm sad or having a bad day they make my day even better. They always need me for something weather its food or just attention. i love when i come home they are all on the window sill looking through the same window. I just love them.