What Does This Kitten Look Like?

Robi5573

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, I found this kitten around my home during the night. She's about two months old, I am not sure if taking her away from her mother is a good thing, but living on the street is not a good one neither. I want to know what she looks like, she seems to be long-haired.

31658024_1844763012279566_6251713585278353408_n.jpg 31416827_1842847465804454_5936207418017972224_n.jpg 31672404_1843256455763555_6661080112399646720_n.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
What a sweet little kitty! Thank you for taking her in! I agree with you that she looks like a longhair. It will be easier to tell what breed she looks like when she’s a bit older. Without having papers, she would be called a brown mackeral tabby Domestic Longhair. She looks pretty similar to a Maine Coon in her face, but it’s early to tell if she will end up looking like a Maine Coon as an adult.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
If you found her by herself there is a good chance that her mother abandoned her and that she is on her own. You can try looking around the area where you found her to see if there are other kittens or if the mother is close. Thank you for rescuing this little kitten. I would take her in for a vet visit and make sure she's up to date on all her core vaccines.

She does look like she might have some Maine Coone in her, but it's hard to tell when they are so young. Those big ears might be an indicator that she will grow to be a big girl.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Robi5573

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you found her by herself there is a good chance that her mother abandoned her and that she is on her own. You can try looking around the area where you found her to see if there are other kittens or if the mother is close. Thank you for rescuing this little kitten. I would take her in for a vet visit and make sure she's up to date on all her core vaccines.

She does look like she might have some Maine Coone in her, but it's hard to tell when they are so young. Those big ears might be an indicator that she will grow to be a big girl.
She has three brothers/sisters and her mom was with her, but they are on their own, I found them during the night because they are probably feral, just during the night, they live inside the ground where the hot water pipes are. And I could take just her.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
She has three brothers/sisters and her mom was with her, but they are on their own, I found them during the night because they are probably feral, just during the night, they live inside the ground where the hot water pipes are. And I could take just her.
Usually if kittens are that young they do best to stay with their mom. She can take care of them better than we can. Rescue groups will usually take in the whole family together. If you already separated her from her mom then she is now in your care and it will be up to you to get her regular vet check ups to make sure she is healthy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Robi5573

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Usually if kittens are that young they do best to stay with their mom. She can take care of them better than we can. Rescue groups will usually take in the whole family together. If you already separated her from her mom then she is now in your care and it will be up to you to get her regular vet check ups to make sure she is healthy.
I dewormed her and I will vaccinate her these days, she's friendly and plays with my other cats, but she really seems to be a big cat, she quite big for her age.