What does this feral kitten I'm adopting look like?

AnSDRfanhere

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok, I don't believe Sage kitty is a Snowshoe kitten. Here are the Breeds standards that I found.

A snowshoe has "a thick, short coat, the snowshoe typically has a solid and white pattern along its chest and stomach and, most notably, a white “V” facial pattern. The cat has darker shading along its back, shoulders and hips. True to its breeding standards, the paws of snowshoe cats are either white, flesh-toned, mottled or “point” color."

Sage has a dark face. She does Not have the white "V" on her face. In looking at photos, all the Snowshoe cats have the white "V." She does have four white feet. I've attached a comparison of a Snowshoe and Siamese cat that I found. I've also attached a photo of Sage. It's not great, but you can see she doesn't have the white "V." Her muzzle is just dark.
Not all Snowshoes look the same. Snowshoes can range from having just white gloves, to having just little Siamese spots. What you're seeing on google images are "perferred" Snowshoe cats.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is meezer land, and what are forest cat? I've never heard these terms. Thanks, Sherry
I was just referring to siamese cats in general who are often affectionately called meezers by many. I was imagining they had their own meezer nation etc.
Forest cats are mainly made up of 3 breeds- Maine Coon cats, Norwegian Forest Cats and Siberian cats.
They are such gorgeous, majestic creatures. Siberians can have color points and they are called Neva Masquerade by some. But I think in general some don’t like the addition of points to the forest cats. I am not sure if Maine coons and nfc have any color pointed variations, I havent seen pics of them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rebelsher

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was just referring to siamese cats in general who are often affectionately called meezers by many. I was imagining they had their own meezer nation etc.
Forest cats are mainly made up of 3 breeds- Maine Coon cats, Norwegian Forest Cats and Siberian cats.
They are such gorgeous, majestic creatures. Siberians can have color points and they are called Neva Masquerade by some. But I think in general some don’t like the addition of points to the forest cats. I am not sure if Maine coons and nfc have any color pointed variations, I havent seen pics of them.
Thank you for the explanations. Sherry

Sylvia Jones

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Colorpoints and Siamese are born white and their points start developing pretty quickly. The white feet and any other white markings will always stay white. How much the cream color changes just depends on the cat and the weather Sometimes Whisper is much lighter So Whisper and your kitten are short haired seal colorpoint with white
X-ray is a long hair seal colorpoint Seal is the darkest point color and there are several lighter ones My boys mom was short hair seal colorpoint and the dad was a long hair ( medium) black It’s interesting to me what combinations of colors give you different kitten colors Your kitten is beautiful now and will be beautiful grown Please post updated pictures as she grows

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rebelsher

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Colorpoints and Siamese are born white and their points start developing pretty quickly. The white feet and any other white markings will always stay white. How much the cream color changes just depends on the cat and the weather Sometimes Whisper is much lighter So Whisper and your kitten are short haired seal colorpoint with white
X-ray is a long hair seal colorpoint Seal is the darkest point color and there are several lighter ones My boys mom was short hair seal colorpoint and the dad was a long hair ( medium) black It’s interesting to me what combinations of colors give you different kitten colors Your kitten is beautiful now and will be beautiful grown Please post updated pictures as she grows
Thank you. I think she's beautiful. I fell in love with her because of her color. She stood out and was so different from her mama and siblings. I wanted her from the moment I saw her. The hard part was convincing my husband. He was like, "We have three dogs and one cat, we don't need another cat. Only if it's an outside cat." I told him she's too young to be outside by herself." Then he fell in love with her too after seeing her every day outside before we trapped them. After we trapped them, I told him she was going to be an inside cat. I wanted her to be safe." He finally acquiesced. So one day she'll be our Jellybean's little sister. I hope two spayed females will get along. Jelly's only 14 months old so I'm praying that it will work out.

It's so funny. Little Sage is the bravest of the four kittens. Also, whenever I check on them, she's always the one laying by herself. The other three are always cuddled up together. When she gets scared though she'll seek her siblings, but she basically does her own thing. I'm not sure if female cats are usually the bravest or if it's just her personality. Sherry