What does this feral kitten I'm adopting look like?

Rebelsher

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone - A mother cat had a litter of four kittens under our shed. She's a long haired black and white cat. Three of the four kittens are also black and white. One is completely different and a very light color with a different look. We've decided to keep it. That's the one I'm interested in learning more about. She (I believe it's a female) has four white paws. We call her Sage.

The other three kittens I think are males. I'm in the process of trying to socialize them for adoption as a local rescue has agreed to find them homes when they have had their shots and are neutered. Mom will also go to a home as we believe she was dropped in the neighborhood. She's very sweet and friendly. All all now inside, being fed and cared for.

Attachments

Aglaya Felipe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you're talking about the kitten with white paws and dark ears, legs and tail- they have seal point/snowshoe coloring it looks like. Since the Mom looks like a tuxedo the little boots make sense. Do you know what the litter's father looked like, maybe he has the seal point.

Last edited:

Sylvia Jones

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes she is a colorpoint with white I have 2 colorpoints 1 with white and one with dark paws Most people will say they look siamese but the gene responsible for these marking are common now in regular cat populations They are my favorites There are members that can explain in much more detail I’m sure they will be along She is beautiful congratulations and you are doing wonderful for this whole little family! I’m attempting to post my boys as tiny kittens then 6 months then now 2 years Hope it works Take lots of pictures they grow fast
C3983742-98AA-4334-A489-5B1E3FEE8051.jpeg
C70476DF-6A6A-49B9-85A2-DB1581C92AE3.jpeg
02AC7C7E-DB5F-43B2-9395-CC16C874AD27.jpeg
E8527A12-5E6E-4418-8E74-2F5CBE83D766.jpeg

Sylvia Jones

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry first time posting pictures didn’t mean to duplicate Whisper is the one with white he is short haired X-ray is no while and long hair They are brothers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rebelsher

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry first time posting pictures didn’t mean to duplicate Whisper is the one with white he is short haired X-ray is no while and long hair They are brothers
Thank you. I"m trying with them. The lady at the rescue said Sage is a Burmin, the Sacred Cat of Burma. I'd never heard of the breed before. Just wondering what others think. I have no idea. I just love her already. She"s the bravest of the four. She's come close to me on her own, but not all the way. I love her color and her bravery. She does appear to be keeping her blue eyes. It looks like the other 3 might have green eyes.

I do not know who the dad cat was. We believe mama was dropped here. There are very few cats around. We've rarely seen one in 16 years of living here. We'd never seen mama cat before. No signs have been put up and no one has asked about a missing cat. Obviously she hadn't been spayed. I just want a good, loving home for them all. Sherry

Rebelsher

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There is a Siamese somewhere in her background. She is adorable.
Thank you. I know she definitely looks like one, but so do the Burmins. They just have 4 white feet like she does. I'm still not totally convinced either way. Sherry

Rebelsher

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So Whisper changed color then? Wow, what a difference. I didn't know they could change that much. Whisper looks like a completely different cat from the kitten in the photo.

Animals are amazing. I've attached a couple of photos of Jellybean whose my 1 year old wild child. She has three dog siblings, but only two she is semi-friends with. They tolerate one another and sometimes one plays with her. Hopefully, one day she'll get along with Sage and have a "same breed" friend to really play with. Sherry

Attachments

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a domestic short hair, and colorpoint is her coloring. Seal colorpoint with white to be exact. She is not a birman as its impossible given mom was a longhair tuxedo. She has some colorpoint breed in her but how much is hard to say. Both parents need to carry the colorpoint gene but neither have to be a colourpoint. If you have no other kitties I do highly recommend adopting a sibling as it is so much easier. Like seriously easier. A single kitten is a tiny terrorists lol.

Rebelsher

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is a domestic short hair, and colorpoint is her coloring. Seal colorpoint with white to be exact. She is not a birman as its impossible given mom was a longhair tuxedo. She has some colorpoint breed in her but how much is hard to say. Both parents need to carry the colorpoint gene but neither have to be a colourpoint. If you have no other kitties I do highly recommend adopting a sibling as it is so much easier. Like seriously easier. A single kitten is a tiny terrorists lol.
Thank you for your comment. I do have a 1 yr old wild child cat named Jellybean. I adopted her at two months from a rescue. She loves to zoom and does from time to time bite me. I'm hoping someday, when Sage is old enough to meet Jelly, that they will become friends. I guess time will tell. Maybe it will help settle her down some. She's very curious about what's behind the bathroom door where Sage and her siblings are. I've attached a photo of Jelly. She found a new spot to relax today. Oh well, such is life with my wild child. Sherry

Attachments

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone - A mother cat had a litter of four kittens under our shed. She's a long haired black and white cat. Three of the four kittens are also black and white. One is completely different and a very light color with a different look. We've decided to keep it. That's the one I'm interested in learning more about. She (I believe it's a female) has four white paws. We call her Sage.

The other three kittens I think are males. I'm in the process of trying to socialize them for adoption as a local rescue has agreed to find them homes when they have had their shots and are neutered. Mom will also go to a home as we believe she was dropped in the neighborhood. She's very sweet and friendly. All all now inside, being fed and cared for.
Aww she is a cutie 💕 She looks like a snowshoe with sealpoint colors. All colorpoint cats have some siamese ancestry however distant it may be because that is where the points came from. Traditional pb siamese only have seal, chocolate, blue and lilac points and the others with linx and tortie points are called color points. Many breeds have been mixed with siamese to get the points.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww she is a cutie 💕 She looks like a snowshoe with sealpoint colors. All colorpoint cats have some siamese ancestry however distant it may be because that is where the points came from. Traditional pb siamese only have seal, chocolate, blue and lilac points and the others with linx and tortie points are called color points. Many breeds have been mixed with siamese to get the points.

Thank you for pointing out that there is very likely a Siamese ancestor down the line somewhere. All kitties want those points. :)

Rebelsher

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for pointing out that there is very likely a Siamese ancestor down the line somewhere. All kitties want those points. :)
Ok, I don't believe Sage kitty is a Snowshoe kitten. Here are the Breeds standards that I found.

A snowshoe has "a thick, short coat, the snowshoe typically has a solid and white pattern along its chest and stomach and, most notably, a white “V” facial pattern. The cat has darker shading along its back, shoulders and hips. True to its breeding standards, the paws of snowshoe cats are either white, flesh-toned, mottled or “point” color."

Sage has a dark face. She does Not have the white "V" on her face. In looking at photos, all the Snowshoe cats have the white "V." She does have four white feet. I've attached a comparison of a Snowshoe and Siamese cat that I found. I've also attached a photo of Sage. It's not great, but you can see she doesn't have the white "V." Her muzzle is just dark.

Attachments

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I don't believe Sage kitty is a Snowshoe kitten. Here are the Breeds standards that I found.

A snowshoe has "a thick, short coat, the snowshoe typically has a solid and white pattern along its chest and stomach and, most notably, a white “V” facial pattern. The cat has darker shading along its back, shoulders and hips. True to its breeding standards, the paws of snowshoe cats are either white, flesh-toned, mottled or “point” color."

Sage has a dark face. She does Not have the white "V" on her face. In looking at photos, all the Snowshoe cats have the white "V." She does have four white feet. I've attached a comparison of a Snowshoe and Siamese cat that I found. I've also attached a photo of Sage. It's not great, but you can see she doesn't have the white "V." Her muzzle is just dark.
I agree that she probably does not have Snowshoe in her. I was saying she probably had a mysterious Siamese relative in her past because of those irresistible points.;)

Rebelsher

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree that she probably does not have Snowshoe in her. I was saying she probably had a mysterious Siamese relative in her past because of those irresistible points.;)
That is possible. My apologies if I misunderstood. Thank you for your response. Sherry

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is possible. My apologies if I misunderstood. Thank you for your response. Sherry
[/QUOTE

She is not a pb cat so her breed is dsh. She has siamese ancestry somewhere due to the points, all pointed cats got that trait however distant from the siamese. The aspect of her that looks like a snowshoe are her white mitts, you're right her face looks more siamese except it looks like she has a white area on her nose too. Kittens colors and tones can change a lot as they grow so time will tell.
There are numerous other cats that have points( all from the siamese), mitts and white etc., siamese have the dark mask with dark points on the ears, paws, face and tail and genitals, and other areas that are cooler in temperature can also become dark over time. Quinn is still very light on his chest for a seal point which can have the darkest body tones. Since she is an outdoor cat it is not possible to know her more direct ancestry except from looking at her mom etc. her tail does look a bit grayish blue in the photo so blue point is possible but I am still going with seal because her ear points look very dark. Her mom is gorgeous too 😻

Last edited:

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes many do and they all come from meezer land😹😻 But some forest cat breeds say pointed forest cats are not included or are a different breed or section.

Rebelsher

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes many do and they all come from meezer land😹😻 But some forest cat breeds say pointed forest cats are not included or are a different breed or section.
What is meezer land, and what are forest cat? I've never heard these terms. Thanks, Sherry