What does Ruby's Sister Look Like ?

merlin2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am cat sitting at the moment feeding Ruby's sister while her mum is on holiday.

She looks quite different to Ruby more slim in shape and a little less fluffy and as beautiful amber eyes.

Her are some pictures of Shadow , mum was a longhaired Tortoiseshell

She still looks quite chocolate in colour which is how her colour looked when she was a kitten.

This is Ruby , all pictures taken today 

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Both cats are beautiful. But I want you to know, I am in love with Ruby. She is gorgeous. Someone will be along to help you with your questions.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sorry, I dont get any clear cut idea.   Domestic medium haired, black, is the only safe to say.   It may possibly be long, buy you yourself tells her hair is shorter than the sis.  But she has definitely the long/medium haired gene, as she has a fluffy tail.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Is she classed as black then ?

Even though she looks brown in daylight ?

Can the long haired gene vary in a litter from medium to long ?

Shadow looks short haired on her body apart from her tail which is bushy , while Ruby is fluffy all over her body.

Would Ruby be classed as longhaired then ?
My monitor is so so. She looks black on my monitor.  If she is brown in reality, so she is.  It will be prob called for chocolade.

Yes, because medium and long is the same gene, the longhaired gene.  Although there may be individual differences.   I suppose there are also some other genes included, which may give the end result, of medium or longhair...

Im not sure.   I think also Ruby is mediumhaired.   On some of the longhaired, you SEE they are really hairy!