What does Pixie look like to you?

Amethyst Creighton

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my cat, Pixie. She is sassy, bossy, pushy & a bit impatient. When she wants something, she wants it NOW! If I interfere with her mischievous ways, she shows her displeasure by ‘play biting’ me & telling me off, lol. But she can be the most loving girl, too, when she wants to. She’s also a prankster playing tricks on my older, male cat, Shadow. She intelligent & learns fast, but that doesn’t mean she’ll do anything she doesn’t want to if it doesn’t benefit her in some way. Some people call her a calico, but I think she looks more like a tortico or tortoiseshell with white. What do you think?
21F5C7B5-4AE2-4C8C-9129-26D8864925FC.jpeg
3D5E9B5A-409E-4DA7-BF84-8B5B68C891B2.jpeg
F509210F-8AC8-4174-A66D-8A2B0F49F727.jpeg
806E4F71-9E8C-4BAB-8AD2-137AEED5D9F2.jpeg

Zara12345

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is my cat, Pixie. She is sassy, bossy, pushy & a bit impatient. When she wants something, she wants it NOW! If I interfere with her mischievous ways, she shows her displeasure by ‘play biting’ me & telling me off, lol. But she can be the most loving girl, too, when she wants to. She’s also a prankster playing tricks on my older, male cat, Shadow. She intelligent & learns fast, but that doesn’t mean she’ll do anything she doesn’t want to if it doesn’t benefit her in some way. Some people call her a calico, but I think she looks more like a tortico or tortoiseshell with white. What do you think? View attachment 448927View attachment 448928View attachment 448929View attachment 448930
Hi! You were right about your girls colour; she's a Black tortie with White Domestic longhair. And her personality and temperament also fit those of a tortie. Torties are generally attitude-y and highly energetic cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Amethyst Creighton

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for responding so quickly 😺 Most calicos I’ve seen have their colors in patches & that didn’t seem to quite fit her, lol, but it was a little confusing because of her white areas. Then I seen a Quora post from someone who has a cat who’s coat resembled Pixie’s, only it was diluted, & she called it a tortico, so that urged me to see what others thought of my cat. 😸

LunarFlower

Genetics Enthusiast
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for responding so quickly 😺 Most calicos I’ve seen have their colors in patches & that didn’t seem to quite fit her, lol, but it was a little confusing because of her white areas. Then I seen a Quora post from someone who has a cat who’s coat resembled Pixie’s, only it was diluted, & she called it a tortico, so that urged me to see what others thought of my cat. 😸
Yes, I agree that she is a black tortie with white. Genetically, they haven’t found any differences between tortie and whites and calicos, so some people say any tortie with white is a calico, but the distinction is more of a visual difference than a genetic one. When there is enough white on the coat, tortie colors tend to make bigger patches and be less mixed together; that is what makes them a calico.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is gorgeous😻 I would call her a tortoiseshell tuxedo bicolor or tortie with white.