What does my monster cat look like?

ellieuki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
About four months ago, I came across a Craigslist ad placed by a young girl who needed to give away her very young 2 y/o mama cat. She stated that unless someone took her cat she would have to put her back outside to be feral. Raven, apparently had two sets of kittens. The last set was just weened before I adopted her. I don't believe she was ever "feral". I've had fetal kitties before and Ray Ray was no feral cat ive ever known. She is very similar to my Ginger, also a rescued mama cat :rub: .... Raven had never been vaccinated, sprayed, flea prevention, properly dewormed, etc from what the young girl told me.

Unfortunately, I just moved and the veterinarian here was awful, dreadful and did a horrble job with Raven. Short version ... fleas followed by tapeworms saga, mucus diahrah, vomiting, rushed to local ER- (unraveling of bad veterinary practice from previous spay etc) and two weeks at UF critical care.- 3 weeks deworming again, more bloodwork, 4 week - ultrasound followup, soon to be 8 week ultrasound follow up. She's doing great though :high5:

Anyways, I'm curious what breed she is or mixed with. She acts like a little dog, very clingy, so much (excessive) energy, and affectionate!!!!
Her coat is velvety soft, blue color. She had gained a bit of fluffiness since her spay but she has had a tuff time. (Medical emergency, possible colon mass - so far - so good). She has a permanent smile and little imdentations where a couple whiskers come out, like dimples, at the corner of her mouth. Her paw pads and nose are maroon - she scuffed her nose in a hard carrier. She doesn't meow but mews and peeps, likes to talk a lot. Her face is so adorable and expressive!!!!

THANKS!!!!!

Here are a bunch of pictures of Ray Ray!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Such a beautiful, GORGEOUS kitty you have there. Raven (Ray Ray) is certainly very close to looking like a Russian Blue !!! How wonderful of you to take her in and get her the proper medical attention so she could become healthy. She is obviously well loved and I am sure she returns that love tenfold. :heart3: Thanks so much for sharing her beautiful photos.

[article="22448"][/article]

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ray Ray being somewhat stocky, I myself would compare her to a Korat, rather than Russian blue. The breeds are often quite alike, especielly young cats.

But the eyes... Both RB And Korats have simply green eyes.  Pet quality may have greenish eyes, but not copper.

Thus, we must stuck with  chartreux, or even, give up the guessings and call her for a very nice, typical Maltese cat.   :)

She is gorgious, and you did marvels adopting her, and helping her through all the difficulties.  Not even mentioning you did payed for all the treatment, which you surely did.  Very few vets work for free or just a symbolic payment.