What does my cat look like?? Im curious :)

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Unless she has pedigree papers from a reputable breeder, she is a Domestic Short/Long Hair.  The long fur on her pads is from being an indoor cat.  Has she been to the vet yet? I am asking because it looks like she has more third eyelid showing than most cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alphonse

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not about her eyes no, but thank you for letting me know :) I'll probably get her eyes checked out soon :)

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Looks like a blue and white bicolor, Domestic Long Hair judging by the ear tufts and fluffed tail.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Looks like a blue and white bicolor, Domestic Long Hair judging by the ear tufts and fluffed tail.
If you really want to compare her to some a breed look alike, so perhaps the Norwegian Forest Cat, NFC...

Yeah, I too noticed these teary eyes. So its good you are going to let a vet look at them, asap. Phone now on monday and agree appointment, yes?. 

Some overall check up, deworming etc too?

Welcome to our Forums!

Good luck!

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very sweet kitten, agree she is a domestic longhair, blue & white.  She also looks big enough to get neutered.  If your vet insists on waiting until she is 6 months old ring round for one who will operate at 4-5 months - before she comes into call for the first time.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not about her eyes no, but thank you for letting me know :) I'll probably get her eyes checked out soon :)
The third eyelid thing is a sign that the cat is feeling under the weather--just a general indicator that they aren't feeling so well. Probably the most common health problem for kittens is just that they need to be wormed, which is usually done routinely whenever the kitten goes in for its first shots. Rescues often get "kitty colds"--upper respiratory infections. A cat with a URI will have the usual signs of a cold or flu, coughing, sneezing, runny eyes, runny nose, that kind of thing. You can't catch it from the cat, but a vet visit is recommended especially for young, weak, or malnourished cats.

Last edited: