What Does My Cat Look Like? Am I Correct?

fijimurmaider

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is "Chihiro," lovingly nicknamed "Miss Puddy." She's six years old, I got her from a litter my sister's cat had (momma cat was a tuxedo with short hair, father unknown.) I always say she's a DLH "torbie" given her colorations but the fact she has more tabby like markings. People ask if she's a maine coon a lot, but she clearly doesn't have the ear hair, the big face, huge feet or the size of one of those cats. I align her more with a Siberian after learn more about the breed.
Personality: She's very wary of people if we're not around. My mom tends to check on her when we're out of town and she gets attitude from the cat every time. She's basically my shadow. She follows me around the house, doesn't like other cats or dogs but has a strong and good relationship with our rabbit (we have had him before her and he is the dominant lol) she loves hanging out on the side of the bath tub, prefers drinking tap water and uses her water dish as a foot spa. She's a poor hunter, lazy as can be. When we take her out on a harness she just flops over or smells and nips at the grass. She's very nosey as well she needs to be able to see what groceries or items I've brought in from the shop. Not incredibly lovable, but she usually lays with me and sleeps right next to me in bed. At 9 lbs, she still manages to hog much of the bed to the point I can't sleep comfortably sometimes. Loves to play with the lazer pointer but gets incredibly jealous if the rabbit gets a new toy and she doesn't, though she doesn't play with them anyway.

IMG_20181210_073333781.jpg

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's beautiful! I like her name too :) I would agree that she appears to be a brown patched tabby (also known as brown torbie) domestic longhair.

I'm not seeing a similarity to the Siberian breed in these pictures. Siberians have shorter broader faces with a very rounded muzzle, and chunkier bodies. Most cats are not any particular breed.
http://cfa.org/Portals/0/documents/judges-ce/Siberian.pdf