What does Izzy look like??

lovemykids

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone, previously I had posted pictures of my little guy, Jasper and had asked what he looked like. This time I am going to be sharing some pictures of Izzy, my older kitten who I've had since young...currently is 10 months old. She is a very beautiful girl, with big stunning amber eyes. I wanted to get some opinions from you all as to what she looks like to you....so feel free to share them. :) The pictures are of what she looked like before and now.

PS

Jasper and Izzy aren't biologically brother and sister, but they are growing up like it .... lol

This last pic is probably the best one (taken with camera). Just love her eyes and wanted a close up of them.

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is somewhat a look alike of Maine Coon.  In USA there are a lot of such cats, as MCO is a natural breed, purebred from similiar ancestors, "their foundation stock". Who are of course still there.   :)

Pretty and sweet girl.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lovemykids

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your reply! :) I had a friend who said she looks like a Norwegian Forest Cat.....but now that you mention Maine Coon, they are a pretty similar breed (in looks that is). :D

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Izzy looks like a Big Floofy Cat to me. :) I'd call her a domestic longhair, if asked for a breed. That is indeed the population they got the maine coon cats from.

Her pattern is gorgeous. She's a "torbie"--a tortoiseshell tabby--with white. I'm pretty sure that she's a torbie rather than a brown tabby with lots of shading to her fur, because of that photo with her in profile, where her fur looks a bit patchy. But then, I could be wrong and she could be a brown tabby with white. Does she have actual red patches, or is it just sort of shading on the edges of the brown?

lovemykids

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks! She has different shades of brown and then she also has white. :) She is actually stripped but I do see what you mean about the patchy part. For some reason I had thought she was a mackerel. I'll try to take some better pictures with my camera, since i know these aren't so good. :) Thanks again.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, yeah, she's totally a mackerel tabby. Let's see... I think the full description would be "broken mackerel tabby tortoiseshell and white domestic longhair". A description longer than her tail!

lovemykids

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lol Yes that is an interesting description :)

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agree with Callista's comments.

She is totally a tortie- tabby   which is when you have the combination of tortoiseshell coloring and a tabby pattern showing in both the black-based and red-based fur.   and in TICA that's called "Torbie".  In CFA it's called "Patched Tabby" 

So the  "official" ways to describe her pattern in the major US- based registries would be....

in TICA  -- a  Brown Mackerel Torbie and White 

in CFA -   a Brown Mackerel Patched Tabby and White

They leave out the "broken" in something like a show catalog or registration. but   people would still describe this as broken mackerel tabby.  That is definitely very much a broken mackerel tabby pattern...  any more broken up and it would be called spotted tabby!  

lovemykids

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Agree with Callista's comments.

She is totally a tortie- tabby   which is when you have the combination of tortoiseshell coloring and a tabby pattern showing in both the black-based and red-based fur.   and in TICA that's called "Torbie".  In CFA it's called "Patched Tabby" 

So the  "official" ways to describe her pattern in the major US- based registries would be....

in TICA  -- a  Brown Mackerel Torbie and White 

in CFA -   a Brown Mackerel Patched Tabby and White

They leave out the "broken" in something like a show catalog or registration. but   people would still describe this as broken mackerel tabby.  That is definitely very much a broken mackerel tabby pattern...  any more broken up and it would be called spotted tabby!  

Thank you :)