What Documents Do You Need When Flying With Your Cat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yeet cookie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Reading about all the problems with flying snub nosed pets makes me think twice about bringing my little Cookie or not :confused:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
posiepurrs posiepurrs shows / breeds Persian cats and likely has some experience with traveling with that breed.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually just drive where ever I am going. I have flown once with a kitten, when I went to pick her up. I don't think it is an issue about her being a Persian if she is flying in cabin. You have received some good advice here. No matter what documentation the airlines say you need or don't need I feel it is in your and your cats best interest to have a complete health record available for her. I carry all of that with me when we go to shows since there was an incident at a show in another state (I was not at the show) where the health department, animal control and PETA came in and demanded shot records for all the cats and threatened to seize the ones who didn't have them. Since she has never flown expect the possibility of her to being more vocal - I know my kitten was! Most likely she will not need a litter box since they tend to hold it, but puppy pads are a good idea. I would also pack some empty ziplock bags (if allowed) in your carry on or even a side pocket of her carrier, in case she does go - they contain the smell. It has been so long since I flew I am not sure what is okay or not to pack.:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yeet cookie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
After recently discovering that my sister can take care of Cookie for me while I am away, I have decided to not take her on my trip with me. I hate that she won't be able to explore new places with me but it will save us both a lot of stress. I also feel awful asking for all of this advice only to end up not using it :cringe:. However I cannot say that I will never need this information in the future. And I definitely cannot say that this won't be useful to those online seeking for such information. You were all so helpful and I appreciate your replies very much! Thank you! :redheartpump::angel::redheartpump: