What do You Think of This?

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Vet has taken to leaving voice messages on my phone to announce the appointment THEY have made is such and such a day at a certain time. Not just a reminder that So and So is due for a yearly or a shot but a reminder that they have already made an appointment for this. I don't like this. Both times now (this is a new thing they're doing) they've picked a day and time I'm busy. They ask me to call back to confirm or re-schedule. It just strikes me as being pushy on their part. Does your Vet do this? Do you mind?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It would bother me too especially since they have no idea what your schedule is especially if you work full-time. My vet e-mails with reminders, e.g. senior exam, vaccine(s), etc. But they do not schedule appointments without my consent. Have you called to ask why they are implementing this protocol?

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My doctor is doing this, too! I had an appointment yesterday that I never made. Had it not been for the storm causing me to cancel my other appointments, I wouldn't have been home to receive the call that they were closing due to the weather. Had they not closed, they would have charged my co-pay. I do not like extortion. Hope this isn't a new trend.

If the vets start up with it, I will ask them not to because I prefer to schedule appointments. DH has gone so far as to make an appointment, "if we can get Elsie in the carrier."

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Woah no way!! I'd be telling them not to do that. I get postcards to remind me and I have an app they are using; but no prescheduling people!
My doctor is doing this, too! I had an appointment yesterday that I never made. Had it not been for the storm causing me to cancel my other appointments, I wouldn't have been home to receive the call that they were closing due to the weather. Had they not closed, they would have charged my co-pay. I do not like extortion. Hope this isn't a new trend.

If the vets start up with it, I will ask them not to because I prefer to schedule appointments. DH has gone so far as to make an appointment, "if we can get Elsie in the carrier."
Most here charge $50 no-show fees... So I'd raise a racket over that immediately. Even if it has to go to your local news or legislatures! Heck no.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My dentist does this and that is why I don’t see them anymore. It seems to be some new form of scheduling in certain medical programs. Your actual vet may not even be aware of it. But, yes, it is very entitled feeling to me.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I take my cats in for their checkups, they make an appointment for the next one while I'm right there. If I have to reschedule (or they have to) it's easy to do. I think it's a good thing, Otherwise I might forget or put it off (like I'm currently doing for my mammogram). And my preferred vet is very busy and if I call last minute, I can't always get to see her. And there is one there I really don't care to see. As long as it's not an issue to reschule I don't see the problem.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would not like this at all. I get a card a month or so ahead reminding me that Charlotte is due for her annual exam. I make the appointment and I get a call the day before reminding me of the appointment. The last time I got a text with the confirm button instead of a call. That would be easier for the office then making calls.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks folks. I don't know why they started this, it's a new thing. But my other Vet sends me an email reminder for the dog and I phone them and we decide on the appt. together. I have had trouble with both though, trying to send text messages to my land line phone. Won't go, can't get them, seemed to be a hard thing for them to deal with.

Oh, and cancellation fees, yup they do that. But I was pretty happy the dog's Vet called to cancel this past Tuesday with a big snow storm forecast.