What Do You Think Of The Reviews On This Site?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm not familiar with that site, however, when I looked at what they rate on, it seems logical.

I checked out "Best Wet Cat Food", and don't see what you're seeing :dunno:. I see G! Fit as #1, Tiki Cat as #1, Natuers Logic as #3, etc. I never saw anything about Grandma Mae's :headscratch:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sunflower7

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not familiar with that site, however, when I looked at what they rate on, it seems logical.

I checked out "Best Wet Cat Food", and don't see what you're seeing :dunno:. I see G! Fit as #1, Tiki Cat as #1, Natuers Logic as #3, etc. I never saw anything about Grandma Mae's :headscratch:
I was clicking on the individual reviews.
which is odd if that one got such a high review but didn't make their top list?
try the individual reviews and see what they say about the foods you feed...
curious what you think

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried Grandma may's my cats would not touch it. Never tried the Health extensions, some of their foods have coconut oil and i wont feed it. their other foods might be good i dont know, just not a brand that appeals to me, for what ever reason i dont even really know, other than the coconut oil.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Before I started making the cats’ food, I used this site a lot...but not for the reviews. I used it for the information about the food itself such as ingredients, potential allergens, protein, carbs, and fat. It was really helpful to have everything right there as a good starting place before I went shopping for food. I usually cross referenced with the chart on catinfo.org. And then I’d check the labels in the store or online of the foods I’d zeroed in on to be sure the ingredients were still the same. I thought it was a great resource! I’m always a little cautious about reviews. I’ve seen stuff I thought was pretty poor get good reviews, although in the case of this site, you can usually link the scoring pretty well to the ingredients.

yogakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm confused. Orijen is #11 on the list. I thought it was pretty much the top pick for dry food in terms of qualify, less carbs than all others, etc. Seems not???

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Orijen is ok. It’s a high quality food but still stuffed with lentils and whatnot. I think it’s still fairly high carb. Dr elseys and young again are my two favorites. Orijen and natures variety raw boost are my next favs.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I found a date for the last time the site owner updated the “top 10 dry food” ranking page: October 2017. She’s added Dr. Elsey’s in the big list since then so that top 10 list will probably change at some point as new foods are added and others change their ingredients.