What Do You Love About Your Job?

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay, I admit. I made a thread just to post a picture of this fantastically gorgeous sneke!! #Guilty But it is a part I love about my job, I get to be around all sorts of different animals every day! I've always wanted a noodle, however Roo, Izzi, Speckerton, and Adeline have voted a big NO to that ever happening. Ha!

This is Platinum. :hearthrob::redheartpump:
She is a 2 year old, 7 ft, Golden Child Reticulated Python. She has the most amazing personality and even tickled the small of my back with her little head. I fell a little in love with this gal tonight and just had to share a pic of her.
29792654_776194429257857_1032291493258249503_n.jpg

Isn't she BEAUTIFUL??

Here is her snake brother, Bruno. He was a bit more aggressive so I didn't let him crawl all over me. o_O He was 10 ft and weighed 70 lbs!! The biggest noodles we've had at the store since I've worked there.
29793267_776194459257854_2134148585778469413_n.jpg

#SoMuchAwesome

Any "why you love your job" stories? Please share!!
Kris

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love my job because I'm retired from it! I had my time in and I always said when it quit being fun I'd retire. It did and I did.
I am 62 and am starting to look forward to retirement.

I am one of the people with the unreasonable fear of snakes so I can't say that they are beautiful. I know there are people here who do keep snakes.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm 63 and, like Denice, am starting to look forward to retiring.

The best part of my job? Are the days off! The holidays, the comp time, the vacation days. I know how silly it sounds, but I worked in a paper plant for 18 years, and the only guaranteed holidays we had off were Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, July 4th, and Labor Day....and that was only because of the union contract. We worked Sundays, we worked Easter, Thanksgiving, Memorial Day. I refused to work New Year's Eve and, if I couldn't get anybody to trade time with me, I either took a vacation day or a sick day. NYE was mine and I didn't care what happened. In 18 years, I never worked a NYE.

Now? I get the holidays off. I've been here 18 years and I'm still amazed that I get Columbus Day and MLK Day, and Presidents' Day, all those holidays, off. I know, it sounds really weird, but that's what I like about my job. At 63, with 18 years of work here, it's the little things.

Oh, I could tell you that I like helping people, that I like to be out in the field doing site inspections, taking pictures, talking to farmers, working on plans, working on graphics and documents. And I wouldn't be lying at all. I like all those things. Truly.

But it's the holidays, baby. Not going to lie about it. There are times when I live for a 3-day weekend.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I liked my job because I was able to retire after working there for 42 years. Because I worked there for so long I receive a decent pension, SS and medical insurance.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool snake! TBH, retics kinda scare me, they aren't very docile. I'd be in over my head with one for sure. I want a boa and/or a blood python someday; right now I just have 3 ball pythons. Pet rocks ;).

I like that my job is fulfilling. Stuff gets done. I used to work at a call center. You plug into the queue when you get there, unplug when you leave, nothing is ever finished or done, the queue just keeps on going no matter what. That was very unfulfilling.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bingo! But i really love a lot of things about my job. But by far and away the best part is that I can take a nap IN MY BED whenever i want. Imagine working for only two hours,and deciding "i'm gonna take a nap". I never have to set an alarm,just wake up whenever and start working again. Nobody watches my every move. No one questions my work ethic. My company just trusts I'll get it done on time. Yes,its the perks of having paid my dues over 14 years.

And by the way,my company encourages its drivers to take naps! Better rested than wrecked.

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:shocked: Not a snake person, but I'm glad you enjoy them. ;)

I love being home. Not only because I can do dishes, throw in a load of laundry, and don't have to go out in bad weather, but I just plain like being in our house. I also like being with little people (most of the time), and knowing that I'm making a big difference in their lives and the lives of their parents. :heartshape:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been trying to think of something. I guess I do like the people I work with, most of them anyway. I'm 67 and don't see retirement in my near future...can't afford it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad I started this thread. :) I made a decision years ago to go after my passion and away from "where the money was". I don't regret it one damn day of my life. As long as I'm around animals, in whatever capacity, it is fulfilling.

Computer programming, website design and hosting blah blah blah bored me to no end. Yes, I went to college for it unfortunately and do regret not investing that time pursuing a degree In an animal related field. But it is what it is and I wouldn't trade one memory helping an animal for all the gold in the land.

When it's your passion, I guess it's truly not work. I'm not referencing my job in retail so much as being a Vet Tech. I'm leaning towards getting back into this in the next 6 months. It's just what I love.

That and paydays. ;)