what do you do to let out your anger?

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never lost my temper in my life. I'm a very calm person, and it takes a hell of a lot to make me angry. And even then, I won't argue or shout. I'll just remove myself from the situation, and go and have a ciggy. That calms me down enough. If anyone shouts at me, I'll walk away. Either talk to me properly, or don't talk to me at all

Actually, I'm trying to even think of the last time I was even angry, and I can't. I've been annoyed with people/things, but nothing that a glass of wine and a kittie cuddle didn't cure. I don't react rashly or immediately to things that annoy me, I wait and think things through beforehand. I find this avoids the necessity to argue, and taking a break also means you don't say things you regret later.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i was a pretty bad tempered person, but now because i dont remember how i got my anger out, i just cry and scream at the person that im angry at

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't use to let my anger out or express my divine Irish temper. Then I realized; other people vented their anger daily at me (won't mention any names... *cough ex boyfriend cough*) so therefore I figured out, hey, I am allowed to vent my anger, too!

I bought a 50 pound punching bag from a local sporting store & a chain to hang it from, in my basement. The chain holds up to 300 pounds; I figured with the force of me hitting it and the bag itself I needed something very strong. Besides, the first chain it was hanging from, broke.

I also bought the hand wraps & bag gloves. I use 5 pound ankle weights along with it.

I can't tell ya what a difference it's made... I don't get angry about stuff any more (cuz I'm happy, REAL happy with how my life is going!) but when I feel like pounding the crud out of something, I pretend the punching bag is someone I don't like. And go at it!

Another great anger-venting device is music... really loud music... hearing a guy scream his heart out over your CD player really helps to calm the nerves, believe it or not.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I go to the range and shoot targets.
If we had a shooting range here in Savannah, I'd do the same thing!!

I cry (it's HEALTHY y'all!), cuddle with the kitties, or vent to one of my girlfriends, mom, or the boy.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by darkeyedgirl

I bought a 50 pound punching bag from a local sporting store & a chain to hang it from, in my basement. The chain holds up to 300 pounds; I figured with the force of me hitting it and the bag itself I needed something very strong. Besides, the first chain it was hanging from, broke.
I've actually recommended that to clients a few times

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
-Yell at Jason
-When we had money I used to go to the range
-call my friend Donna, She usually comes up with something sadistic enough that thinking about it makes me feel better
-Fight.
-Excersize

I want a punching bag but we really don't have a place to put one.. I want one of those big ones that i can kick the crap out of too.

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really get angry that much, but when I do I vent to bf, unless it's at bf then I may vent to a friend although I don't really like to spread our business around. most of the time though I try to resolve the issues that caused the anger in the first place if at all possible.

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, I should get a punching bag! I've been talking to my roommate about getting one for a couple months because he lets my punch him in the tummy sometimes and it's really fun...
I just wasn't sure if it would actually help when I'm irritated, or just irritate me more because I can't work out with I'm in a bad mood.

xinkforbloodx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i will cut myself most of the time i get mad, upset, or sad. i've been doing this for about a year. i know this is not the best form of "anger management" but yeah..

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sit by myself somewhere quietly and dont talk to anyone. I will usually be very short with anyone who tries to talk to me.

And I'll usually go for a drive so I can blare explicit, violent rap music till I'm over it.

charmsdad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I go to the range and shoot targets.
I used to do that with my shotgun (trap shooting). I was a TERRIBLE shot but it sure did release a lot of tension. Don't have a place to do that now.

Now it's Taekwondo. In fact, I was just in your town (Jacksonville) a couple of weeks ago for a tournament.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hummmm

I´m close with lock at my room with my Sepultura CD favorite to let out the anger.......Select the song "Chaos A.D." turn all volume at the Stereo and I begin to jump and scream at the rythm of the music!!!
.......................until that song finish.....

Next I eat a big chocolate!

thanks for listen me!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always cry! And then I cuddle with Harley and when he purrs...all my stress goes away! Its wonderful what cuddling with your kitty can do to a day full of stress!

boys mum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i either sulk/cry or take the dog for a walk.but i dont normally get angry im pretty laid back