What do you call a $25 self-cleaning litter box that actually works??

scwinn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was having a case of the litter box blues. My apartment always smelled of cat pee and the litter box never seemed clean enough. Truth be told, I hated cleaning it!

Presenting the Omega Paw Self Cleaning Litter Box a $25 investment that really works!!!!! You just rock it on its side and then remove the little drawer in front and throw out the waste. Voila!!!  I am so happy about it that I want to tell the world!!!!

PS - Topaz loves it too.

Last edited by a moderator:

archerbaby

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've been looking at this box, but it looks like it might be a major pain for the deep cleaning.  I'd love to hear your opinion and experiences on this.  Thanks!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Do the cats actually have room to turn around inside it? It looks awfully small.

my2wins

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I saw a good review on this last year on YouTube. Looks like a smart idea

My cats eat raw and as a result they pee a lot! (a good thing, healthwise). So i like to fill the clever cat box with double the usual litter (at least 6 inches) so the fluids can be better suspended. This one didn't let me fill it deep enough, but for one small cat this one does look good.

The box I like best is Clever Cat, which is basically like a big bucket with high walls. Can be used with or without lid. We have two cat boxes, and use it without lid.

minximom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for your helpful review. I am deciding whether to invest in this cat litter box or the litter spinner which is three times more expensive. I have an uncovered box for my kitten to use at first (he joins us next week :-) ) but in the long term, I like the idea of these boxes that you spin to clean. Can I ask if you notice any odour with the omega box? Just wondering if not having a flap makes a difference or not? Thanks

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to have one and it was fine, but I have to say since  I bought the litter robot I will never go back, it works so much better and there is never any smell or mess. Though the price of the litter robot is so much more so this may be a much better option for a lot of people.