What do I look like?

eva21513

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I adopted Millie from someone who bought her from an infamous ragdoll/ragamuffin kitten mill.. but I’m wondering if she is actually a ragamuffin (papers say she is but she’s only 8lbs at 22 months old). What does she look like to you?

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Millie is a lovely girl!

Cats from kitten "mills" don't always have a typical appearance for their breed. However, with Millie's short broad face and small ears, she looks enough like a Ragamuffin that I wouldn't be surprised if the papers are correct and she indeed has Ragamuffin ancestry.

Here's the CFA breed presentation on the Ragamuffin breed standard, so you can see what typical Ragamuffins look like:
I don't think that her size makes her less likely to be a Ragamuffin. This breed doesn't have to be enormous in size, and it's normal for females to be smaller than males.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eva21513

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh wow - thanks for that resource lutece lutece ! All those photos are really helpful. She's my first long-haired cat, and first not-all-black cat! (Tortoiseshell, right?) She is really lovely, temperament especially :hearthrob: and I love her one-sided orange moustache, hehe!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, she is a tortoiseshell :) Glad to hear she has the lovely temperament the breed is known for :redheartpump:

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yah kitten mills they are prone to inbreeding, not genetic testing so you might get a purebred but they are not show quality or even high pet quality so they dont tend to look like those nice pictures you see on google.