WHAT DO I DO??? PLEASE HELP..

cyndersmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
cynder is now almost 9 months old. i don't know what to do anymore!!!! He goes through stages during the day where he gets absolutly crazy,and launches at my ankles,kneecaps legs and arms. these are not playful launches these are full out attacks!!! He is managing to puncture me with his teeth and i have bruises and scratches all over.. i have tried clapping and saying no!!,but he just gets angrier and meaner with his attacks. i have tried time outs but i can't get close to pick him up without being brutally hurt :( NOTHING i do is working. when he gets like this i have to walk backwards to keep an eye on him,meanwhile he will still strike like a snake.. PLEASE someone help me!!! this not an all day thing just certain times during the day.. he also when he is in attack mode puts his head down like a bull and snorts,he never hisses or growls,but does get extremely mean.. no matter how i try to stop him,he just gets madder and madder and his attacks become worse.. what can i do

2ketzels

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i had one of those - i guess he was feral. i had attempted to procure a 'natural' kitty but i think what i got was a barn cat. he bit not only me but other women, not men. after 5 years i had been punctured on my inner elbow. i took him to a vet and the vet was SO concerned about my bleeding he told me not to worry about the cat but to get an injection!  the next step i took was to take him to the RSPTA and i urged them NOT to allow this cat to be adopted by children. hopefully this was my last experiment in obtaining a 'natural kitty'................

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Yikes!

It sounds a bit like re-directed aggression to me. He sees something that stresses him to the point of needing to attack, but can't get to it so attacks you instead. There are some good suggestions in this article here: http://www.thecatsite.com/a/cat-aggression-toward-people, but I would start by making a trip to the vet and seeing what the vet thinks. You vet might also be ale to direct yo to a behavorist, who might be able to figure out what's going on.

Sorry I don't have any more advice, but I know we have a few members who've been in your shoes, so one of them will likely be around soon to offer some suggestions. Good Luck.