What Could They Possibly Be Mixed With?

rayne

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just adopted two brother cats 1 year old. These guys are so tall, aside from being a DSH, I am trying to figure out what might be in their background that makes them so tall. with such long legs they are very athletic and LOVE to jump, their favorite toy is a bouncy ball..the higher the better! here is a pic of one of them so you can see the loooong legs ( they also have big fat paws but not poly)and a very pronounced belly pouch

Last edited:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He’s so cute! I would say he’s a Domestic Shorthair, maybe with some Oriental ancestry, to get him those long legs.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to say some oriental mix but given their age and big paw size, I am going to guess that their legs look so long because their bodies are on the thin side. Common with adolescent cats or ones that haven’t gotten enough food. They may fill in within the next few months and look like big beautiful domestic shorthairs.

As far as the bellied, have they been checked for worms?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rayne

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh these boys are tall and big! I weighed them at home ( not 100 percent accurate obviously, but weighed myself, then picked one up and weighed myself and him) The big brother weighs 16lbs and the "little" one weighs 15lbs. They are absolutely inseperable, its so cute! The rescue said they have had all medicals and dont have worms. They are due for RV booster (1 year) in about a month. Their poops seem fine. Though of worms could be possible. Its just their primoridial pouch thats big and floppy lol. could be they fill out more. here is a pic of them laying down ( the one on the left looks huge-think its the angle and the shadow..he is actually the "little one" LOL)

Attachments

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
They are so beautiful and most certainly big cats. I have only had one cat with the pouch thing. I guess it is common but only one of my cats has had one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rayne

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
so I just measured these guys and honestly I dont know what is average ( all my cats have been 8lbs or less and way smaller-but they may have just been small cats) when sitting on their haunches they are 15 and 17 inches from floor to top of head. I did manage to get an approximate length on the big one (they didnt like me chasing them with a tape measure, lol )from tip of tail to tip of nose he was 38 inches. at 13 months i would think they have stopped growing?