What Could She Be?

Meghan M

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all,

I adapted this cat from a shelter. She’s about a year and a half old. My previous cat was nothing like this one. This cat is very energetic, smart, and seeks someone to play with her around the clock. If I threw a toy mouse to her all day then she’d chase it all day. If I don’t play with her or let her outside then she’ll get deliberately destructive. She’s very sweet, however. She just gets bored very quickly! She has much larger ears than my old cat and she much longer and taller. She also has very large yellow/green eyes.

So I’m wondering if she’s not just an American Shorthair— is she mixed with a different breed? I’d like to know so that I can better cater to her needs. For example: I read that some breeds will use a cat wheel.

Thanks!

D7A287EC-9585-4821-BED0-57D74961BFD2.jpeg
D76E2B58-085A-481B-A4B9-6CCDE8AD7938.jpeg
0ACF1ACF-08C9-47BE-8E7A-DB9165DE2B37.jpeg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there!

American Shorthair is actually a breed of pedigreed cat: American Shorthair Cats, no worries, it’s a common misconception. Your beautiful kitty would actually be called Domestic Shorthair, blue spotted tabby in pattern. There’s no specific breed influence in her that’s screaming at me, but maybe someone else can see something I don’t. You have a lovely, very sweet kitty, regardless. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Meghan M

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry, I actually meant domestic shorthair but was drawing a blank. Thanks for your reply!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I dont either see some breed screaming at me.
However, the easiest way to copy with a lively, intelligent cat is to get her a companion whom too likes to play, wrestle, chase... Cat or dog.