What colour would she be

Jadetempest

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know a lot about point colouration so when people ask what colour my cat is I don't know exactly what to tell them. Her feet are a lot lighter than her face and ears and she has some light stripes on her legs
IMG_20210427_142544_315.jpg
IMG_20210427_143026_473.jpg

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From her face I would say seal point. If her feet have a mottled appearance, it's possible that she is a seal tortie point. What color are her paw pads?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jadetempest

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her paw pads are brown chocolate colour

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like she is probably seal point, then. How old is she? Pointed coloring darkens with age.

Jadetempest

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is 12 months. This is her paw, her pad on her dew claw is pink
IMG_20210427_150541_939.jpg

Jadetempest

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had a feeling she was seal point but was thrown off as her paws and legs are really light compared to her face and she has stripes on her legs

Jadetempest

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is a better picture of her legs and paws that show her colour a little better if that helps better. She is such a beautiful cat. We rescued her from a 'friend' at 6 weeks old as she was living in a messy caravan with mum cat,her littermate and a sister from a previous litter plus 3 dogs , 2 days after getting her we had to rush her limp body to the vet with very little chance of survival but she pulled through, turned out her belly was so full of worms they were attacking her intestines
IMG_20210427_151343_431.jpg
IMG_20210427_151115_698.jpg

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The faint stripes you see on her legs are probably ghost markings.

Pointed cats sometimes have lighter colored legs than you would expect. Colorpoint is temperature sensitive, so the warmer an area is, the lighter in color it will be. It's possible that she may have thick fur on her legs that may be keeping her legs warm, or maybe just good circulation in these areas that keeps her legs a little warmer than the average pointed cat... sort of like some people having a tendency to have warmer hands than other people?

Does she have any mottled areas on the backs of her ears? I'm guessing that the light areas on the underside of her toes are small white markings, rather than tortie point patching, but she might be a tortie point with just a tiny amount of tortie patching.

In any case, her basic color is definitely seal point, you are right about that! :)

Jadetempest

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her ears are solid brown with no mottling