What Colour Coat/markings Does My Persian Kitten Have?

butterbiscuit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys! Months ago, I posted photos of my Biscuit boy asking for opinions about his colour/markings. People mentioned he could be a Seal point lynx Himalayan but as he grew older, his body markings darkened up and he's no longer as 'pointed'. Also, his eyes are hazel instead of the signature blue Himalayans have. I would love to hear what you guys think his colour is. He has whitish cream rings which are symmetrical on his body, indicating some sort of tabby marbling? I can't figure out his colour though..

IMG_8609.JPG camphoto_342241519.JPG IMG_7200.jpg image.JPG

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He’s adorable! I think I would describe his markings as silver classic tabby.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He does have darker markings and warmer eye color compared to most lynx points. It is possible that he has the Burmese point gene, also known as "sepia" (cb). He could be a sepia (that would be two copies of the sepia gene) or mink (one copy of the sepia gene and one copy of the colorpoint gene).

The sepia and mink colors are not permitted in Himalayans in CFA, but they are permitted in TICA. These colors are also seen in some lines of Ragdolls, and from looking at your cat, I wouldn't be surprised if your cat has some Ragdoll ancestry mixed in with the Persian.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree he jas the point looks.

If eyes not blue he is a combo of siamese and burmese point genes. This explain also why he is darkish.