What colour are we? Breed?

kirk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have two kittens and I'm wondering what their colours are and maybe a breed? I know most cats are DSH/DLH. They are 6 months and from the same litter.

The female, Penelope/Penny. She has a fluffy tail and a very soft coat, but thin. At her 6 month weigh in she was 5lbs. She is extremely cuddly. All day and night she wants to cuddle. She purrs extremely loudly, makes it hard to hear the TV. She sleeps on me all night purring. She is interested in water. She coos all the time, never meows like a normal sound. She is about the same height as her brother, but very slim and fine boned. 

At 3 months

At 6 months

The male, TJ. He is very fluffy and has a really thick coat. At his 6 month weigh in he was a healthy 11lbs. He is a cuddly boy. He doesn't cuddle as much as his sister. But frequently lays beside me on the couch or bed, leaning against me. He is obsessed with our dog. He lets us do whatever to him, turn him on his back, etc. He sleeps on his back. He loves water. He plays in it, sleeps in the tub and sink, plays with the water bowl, gets in when we bath. He has started cooing a lot instead of meowing. When he cant find his sister or "brother" he walks around the house meowing loudly. His frame is a lot thicker than his sisters and our other male. 

At 3 months.

At 4 months next to his 13lb "brother".

At 6 months.

kagen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to say, they are both adorable!! 

Penny is so pretty colored. TJ is too, really.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Wow gorgeous cats !!

They are domestic long hairs

Now for colours your female Penny is a tortoiseshell and white
And your male TJ is a blue mackerel tabby and white :D

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Also your older male in the pictures is a red tabby and high white domestic short hair :wavey:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree.

Althoug I wonder if the girl isnt really a torbie and white, ie, if she has also tabby markings.   There is almost an M on her forehead...  It is my impression, if the colors and pattern are bewildering you "cant get  out what is head what is tail" - the answer is torbie.   Torbie = tortoiseshell and tabby (+ white here).

In type you can perhaps compare them with somewhat alike Maine Coon, as visible especielly on the boy when he got older.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yes your right StefanZ. Looking back at pictures it's hard to say if Penny is a tortie or a torbie. In some of the photos it looks like she has got some faint tabby markings then in other photos it doesn't look like she has any.

So it's up to you kirk to decide if she has got tabby marking = torbie
Or no tabby markings = tortie :lol3:

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your girl is a blue cream tortoiseshell with white.  She does appear to have some stripes on her so she would be a blue cream torbie with white.  Your other kitty is a Blue Mackeral Tabby with white.

missm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
could Penelope possibly have a little Turkish Angora in her somewhere? The water-loving, cooing, loud purrs all are characteristics of Angoras, I think, besides the long luxurious fur. Whatever she is, she is adorable :)

Last edited:

renstwin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just have to say they both are adorable....I want to catnap your boy tabby there with his huge paws! I'd love to see a pic of him when he's about two or three!