What Color Is She??

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she yours?

She appears to be a ticked tabby domestic shorthair. She looks like she is heterozygous ticked, as she has very small "pencil stripes" visible in the first picture, so I would guess she probably has just one ticked parent.

From these pictures, it is not obvious to me whether she is a blue tabby with a very pale and cold ground color (blue is the technical term for gray), or a silver tabby. When you part the hairs and look at the base of the hairs, are the hairs white at the base? And if you look at the very tip of each hair (and especially the tail tip), is it gray or black? If she is a silver ticked tabby, she would also have at least one silver or smoke parent, as that is a dominant gene.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

naquack

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes she's mine. :) I recently adopted her and her brother from a farm. When I part the hairs, they do look white.( but perception ot color can be subjective so it could not be) I think the mommy cat is a blue tabby.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I think she is a silver ticked tabby. Dad is probably a silver or smoke. She might be a blue silver ticked tabby (if the tips of her hairs are gray), or a black silver ticked tabby (if the tips of her hairs are black). In either case, she is very pretty :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

naquack

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her name is Hazel :) . I had a neighbor try to steal her / Adopt her even with a collar on . I took her collar off in these pics to take the pictures. I think I'm very lucky to have her. Plus she is super sweet and lap kitty like.