What color is my cat?! Dilute ginger, buff, cream?

mmdesolate

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Beautiful cream kitty. I've always wanted one (or a very cream-heavy dilute calico), but they seem to be the hardest to find out of the "common" (i.e. not chocolate/cinnamon/lilac/fawn) basic cat colours.

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was thinking Scottish Straight...

Big round eyes and a little round face...
Anyway, what a cutie !!!

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This has been driving me crazy. I never know what to mark
her down as when I go to the vet. She changes color depending on the light source.View attachment 457760View attachment 457758View attachment 457759
She’s beautiful. I would say she’s a cream tabby, which I think is the dilute of ginger. I have forgotten now. She reminds me of my cinnamon who is a classic tabby, tuxedo cream. I noticed how light he is when I saw him next to Merlin the other day, who is a true ginger. See pic.

When I took him to get his TNR, I just called him ginger I think or beige, lol. Nobody really cared. He is a formerly outdoor cat who came in a few months ago. He also changes color like if he’s in the sunlight sometimes he looks more red from photos. I have of him when he was living outside. But I was shocked how light he is comparative to Merlin when they were eating from the same dish the other day.

IMG_5440.jpeg

Last edited: