What Color Do You Think He Is?

Catlady530

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
06ADE735-1DF5-4FB4-ADF4-96D79296892C.jpeg
Meet my new kitty, Winston! He’s so sweet— the cuddliest ball of floof! He’s content to lay on my lap and be petted all day long.

Do you think seal lynx point is accurate? Initially he looked more cool toned and I assumed he was blue, but he’s become more tan-colored recently, and wondering if he’s seal instead.

Also, is it normal that his paw pads are both pink and a dark brownish gray (as well as the tiniest/faintest lighter splotch on his nose)? He doesn’t have any tortie splotches on his body, and from my understanding it would be very rare for him to be a male torbie, but was surprised that his paw pads weren’t a solid color.

He has a vet appointment tomorrow and I’m curious to see how old she thinks he is. I was told 16 weeks but he seems so little (only 1.8 lbs)!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
dark brownish gray (as well as the tiniest/faintest lighter splotch on his nose)? He doesn’t have any tortie splotches on his body, and from my understanding it would be very rare for him to be a male torbie, but was surprised that his paw pads weren’t a solid color.
Welcome to TCS! Winston is absolutely precious. :cutecat:
In answer to your question about him being a male torbie - yes, a male torbie is rare and I don't see any torbie coloring in him. Neely, the cat in my avatar is a torbie, i.e. part tabby, part tortie.

Perhaps some of our resident experts abyeb abyeb and @StefanZ could offer their expertise.

Best of luck with Winston.:heartshape: I can't wait to see more pics of him as he grows up.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He sure is an adorable baby!

One way to evaluate if a cat is blue lynx point or seal lynx point is to look at the tip of the tail. What color are those tail hairs? Would you describe them as gray, or blackish-brown?

Yes, it's normal for his paw pads to be either light colored, dark colored, or a combination: the light paw pad color comes from his white markings, and the dark paw pad color comes from his point color.

He doesn't look anywhere near 16 weeks to me, I would guess that he is much younger.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I would call his coloring seal lynx point mitted. The end of his tail is quite dark, which is why I say seal point instead of blue point. He is adorable!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catlady530

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks, everyone. I agree that given how dark his tail is, he’s probably seal— just seems so much lighter in the face than other seal point kittens. I can’t wait to see how his color changes over time!

Does anyone have a cat that looked similar to him as a baby? I would love to see pics of them grown up!

As for his age/size, the vet thought it was plausible that he could be 16 weeks, and that his previous owners wouldn’t have been that far off. She did say he’s the size of an 8 week old, but likely just small because he had a rough start (barn cat abandoned by his mom and was bottle fed). He seems healthy though!

Here is another picture just because I cannot get over his cuteness

E1EBAC37-3FE2-4EC3-8746-00622D8061EE.jpeg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
He is adorable, and is going to be quite the floor. Very important that he get used to being brushed while he is a little guy - he is gong to need it daily when he gets older.

As far as age, I just can’t see 16 weeks. Twelve would be stretching it.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think his nose is too dark to be blue. Longhaired kitties look lighter because the fluffiness kind of diffuses the color a bit.

He's adorable!

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't have any answers except....

HE'S GORGEOUS !!!!
need lots of pics as he grows up...

Catlady530

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I thought I would come back and update this thread with some pictures of Winston now at 8 months old! He’s over 10 pounds now and finally (in the last couple of weeks) getting his fluff back after losing it all and looking like he might be short haired for a few months. And he’s still just as sweet and cuddly as he was on day one :redheartpump:

78B9948D-2C4C-4CDA-87DB-0BC84D960FCD.jpeg
51529EB8-96BA-4F28-B67A-51323E73D838.jpeg

Catlady530

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is just so handsome. He is also a big boy for his age!
I know! He just keeps growing! He started off so tiny too, that I wondered if he’d ever catch up... he did! :lol: