What Color are my Kitten's Eyes?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ct970

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Forgot to mention he is around 12 weeks old according to the shelter I adopted him from. Not sure when they get their permanent color.

Cutegrapefrute

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would Love to see an update of what they become. If the shelter's estimation was off they are sure to have changed by now

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, he is very cute!

Brownish or grayish tones in a cat's eyes generally indicate that the eye color is still developing. Eye color can continue to develop for a year or even longer. His eye color could turn out to be gold, green, or even orange/copper. It's great that you are taking lots of pictures, it will be fun to look back on the changes when he is older :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ct970

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree, he is very cute!

Brownish or grayish tones in a cat's eyes generally indicate that the eye color is still developing. Eye color can continue to develop for a year or even longer. His eye color could turn out to be gold, green, or even orange/copper. It's great that you are taking lots of pictures, it will be fun to look back on the changes when he is older :)
Thanks for the info! That's too cool, can't wait to see what they eventually turn into! 🙂 I love taking pictures to look back on how he's grown when he gets older, I already do from when I first got him almost 5 weeks ago!