What Color Am I?

jezahb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So we have a new kitten, supposedly her parents are both Turkish Van but I highly doubt that due to her color pattern (not that I care as we didn't pay "pedigree" prices!). When we got her at 10 weeks her color was mainly on her nose, ears and tail but as she has aged (now 12 weeks) her color is filling in even more into a very unique pattern. At first I called her a Lynx point but now I am less sure! Most Lynx points I have seen have much clearer Tabby stripes in their color points. She also appears to have 3 colors mixed into her base color of cream, a dark almost black gray, a buff and golden brown. So not only am I unsure if she is a Lynx Point but I'm not even sure that if she IS one, what color she would be. Blue, red, seal? Any input would be appreciated, her pattern is incredibly unique and whenever people ask me about her including the vet (who agreed she had a very unique coloration) I have no idea what pattern to call her!
IMG_3672.JPG
IMG_3654.JPG
IMG_3669.JPG
IMG_3640.JPG

IMG_3678.JPG

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I'd say blue lynx point, but in the van pattern (that is a kind of pointed pattern, not that I think your kitten is a Ragdoll, she's not quite big and fluffy enough for that ;), but the Ragdoll breed standard gives an explaination of the pointed van pattern: http://cfa.org/Portals/0/documents/breeds/standards/ragdoll.pdf

I'd say she's not a Turkish Van, they aren't pointed cats, they're born with the van pattern already.

You've got a beautiful kitten there!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I see her as a point bicolor her having much white in the face. IF
You see reddish colors she may be tortie / calico too. And you see tabby too? Torbies are often difficult to analyse. So diluted torbir point and white??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jezahb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the replies! I do notice some taby markings on the side of her face, and her raccoon tail....but they are faint and other parts of her pattern have no striping at all. The red I am talking about is visible in the third picture I posted of her sleeping, it is on her nose. More a golden reddish brown, but definitely not the sort of smoky grey/brown she has on her ears and tail. Odder yet is that she has a VERY light buff color on her head and very faintly on her saddle area, with clearly defined sparkling white "boots" on the back legs. Her nose though is what throws me off, all the research I have done on Lynx points, Torbies, Tortie Points etc...none of them have that dark black nose with dark coloring along the bridge leading to a clear break where you can see asymmetrical white markings on the face before it fades into another lighter color at the top of the head. The bicolors I have seen have white noses/mouths with pointed color surrounding, Zelda (her name) has the inverse of that. It is so strange! I love her so much, and funny enough she does have the "ragdoll" personality (dog like, super cuddly and goes limp when handled) so I honestly don't know WHAT I have!