what cat is this?

BBirdcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
this was my lovely cat for 11 months. she was the sweetest. Id like to know what breed she was or mix. I thought she was a calico but not sure.

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 10.52.57 PM.png

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have more pictures? She looks like a tabby with white domestic long hair.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Beautiful pic. Was? Is she no more? Im sorry! We have a subforum for our passed furry friends... You are welcome to give her your homage in there too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BBirdcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Beautiful pic. Was? Is she no more? Im sorry! We have a subforum for our passed furry friends... You are welcome to give her your homage in there too.
Thank you. I have been. I've been dealing with it horribly :( She was a semi feral cat who was eaten by a coyote at 11 months. I'v been struggling for the last 2.5 weeks since.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do you have more pictures? She looks like a tabby with white domestic long hair.
Yes, if the other pics dont shows more clearly red fields, so she is "just" a tabby.

In tabbies there they have often reddish parts of the stripes. Which isnt true red, but its part of the tabby pattern.

I see the ear cut off. I presume she was spayed in a TNR-programme?

BBirdcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, if the other pics dont shows more clearly red fields, so she is "just" a tabby.

In tabbies there they have often reddish parts of the stripes. Which isnt true red, but its part of the tabby pattern.

She had a slight bit of light brown to her (maybe red?) on her back, and yes we trapped her (which unfortunately. traumatized her w some family members) and neutered her but luckily she still trusted me. I was the only one she let pet and scratch. She was still very skittish of humans. She was abandoned by her mother :(

BBirdcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Little bit more light brown in this pic

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
On the face we see she is a tabby. But on the third photo, where we do see some of her back, we dont see any markings.
Thus, she was probably a ticked tabby. Not that common.

Breed as such is domestic longhair. Ticked tabby and white in pattern.

The great majority of all cats are domestics.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Little bit more light brown in this pic
On this pic we seems to see these renown reddish fields. If so, she is a torbie and white, ie tortie and tabby and white. Sometimes called for caliby or patched tabby.

DID she had visible tabby markings on her back? If not, she was a ticked tabby - which certainly may happen although not the most common.

BBirdcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
On this pic we seems to see these renown reddish fields. If so, she is a torbie and white, ie tortie and tabby and white. Sometimes called for caliby or patched tabby.

DID she had visible tabby markings on her back? If not, she was a ticked tabby - which certainly may happen although not the most common.
I looked up tortie tabby cat and I think that was what she was. thank you

I'm not sure what tabby markings are??

jennyhamblin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just want to post and say that I'm so very sorry to hear about your baby 💔 it's heartbreaking to lose them . Years ago I had a black and white fluffy stray male cat come to my parents home . We adopted him and vetted him . He wanted to be outside not in the house. We loved him so . He was about 2 or 3 years old . We had an above ground pool . Over the winter the pool cover came off and when I was off at college he fell into the pool. He was always there to welcome my sister and I when we came home from college on the weekends . One weekend he didn't greet us and we knew something was wrong and we found him frozen solid in the pool 💔
We cried and cried and we're heartbroken for months . I still get sad and cry when I think of it . We loved Elvis so so much .
From the on all my babies are kept inside and I still have guilt about Elvis being outside but he was happiest outside . He knew he was loved and had a good life with us although short . Your girl knew you loved her and had a good life also . I'm so sorry you have to go through this 😢
I think when you are ready adopting a new baby will help you to heal .
Much love to you . My parents weren't cat people so I understand how hard it is when your family doesn't understand the grief.
I'm thinking of you during this rough time .