what can this be ?

motylek

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,
Any idea what can this be ?

I just noticed it today and going to call the vet tomorrow, but i know because of the corona virus they are doing door side visits which i don’t even know what that means.
My husband thinks that our other cat maybe scratched her but then would there be hair missing ?

Attachments

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't really tell what it is because of her black coloring, but cat scratches don't always show missing fur.

The "door side visits" go very well. I had to take Lily in this week for her annual vaccinations, for which I had an appointment. When I got to the office, I called in to say I was there. A tech came out with a clipboard and asked a few questions, then took Lily in with her carrier. After the exam, the vet came out, brought her back, and told me how it went.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

motylek

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can't really tell what it is because of her black coloring, but cat scratches don't always show missing fur.

The "door side visits" go very well. I had to take Lily in this week for her annual vaccinations, for which I had an appointment. When I got to the office, I called in to say I was there. A tech came out with a clipboard and asked a few questions, then took Lily in with her carrier. After the exam, the vet came out, brought her back, and told me how it went.
ohokay :) good to know they will still see her.

yeah the picture isnt great. they is like fur missing and its red, and its small and round.

i don’t really think it would be from a scratched because our cats get along with each other.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine get along well, too, but they can play rough and often scratch each other. It should be okay, but watch it to see if it swells. Sometimes a puncture wound on a cat will heal very quickly, but inside an infection starts. Then they do need to be taken to the vet.