What Breeds Do You Think Opi Is Mixed With?

Opi-the-furry-conductor

The viking and the princess
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Orange tabby is about 4 months old. He is a rescue semi feral kitty. Opi is his name he's very cuddly, affectionate,very talkative, very inteligent,very fast, has icy green eyes, medium length fur not long and not short, loyal to me and my hubby everyone else he goes and hides when they visit, and he is very playful. He acts like a tiger on the hunt alot lol. Most playful cat I've had in my life. If you want to see more pictures there all in my album called Opi. I can take more to :)

Last edited:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Sweet Opi! I always love seeing pictures of him. He would be called a red spotted tabby Domestic Shorthair. I suspect any longer hairs are kitten fluff, but it is possible he will end up as a mediumhair. I guess we'll have to see as he gets a bit older. :caticon:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Opi-the-furry-conductor

Adult Cat
Purraise
Well yes domestic shorthair is a given but I was talking about what could be in his heritage. Domestic as horthair is another way of saying multiple breeds right.I know Opi is not a pure breed because he's rescued from the street. It's a %5 chance he would be lol. Anyway what I meant was what do you think he could be mixed with? A lot of cats here have mau blood mixed in them. I know Opi has mau blood that's a definite pretty much every cat found on the street here has at least part mau in them. I wondered what blood could be in his heritage because I'm use to American domestic cats short and long. Here it's rare to find a domestic long hair. I've only seen one here after a year of living here. It was so pretty! It was a calico. Wish I would of taken a picture. I probably would of begged the hubby to take her home if she was a feral cat lol. She wasn't though. She belonged to the store next to the fish store we were at. Anyway Opi has many charistics that I wanted to identify. Mau he definitely is part mau I will know how much mau when he gets bigger. Just the other parts are little bit of a thinkier. Mau's aren't very talktive like Opi is. I once considered him being all mau because it is possible to find a purebreed mau here just rare to find one on the street. I did a little research on Mau's to find out what he did have it in him. I found he did have a lot f stuff in common with the mau but not all. One big sighn is he's very talkative pure bred Mau's are not. His fur color indicates he is not an Egyptian mau. Egyptian Mau's don't come in ginger pattern. However he other Mau does. I still can't see if his spots are just on the top of his fur cause he's still tiny. I can't tell if he has a pouch yet he's still to small. His furr is still bit medium but it's not very short. When he was littler it was quite long just not long enough to be a long hair. It might just be kitten fluff lol. I once considered him being part Persian because of his fur but that is a high maybe no. I actually found pictures of him when we first found him on the street I'll put them in the album soon. I'm just curious to find out what he has in that kitty blood of his. Maybe some Siamese heritage cause he talks so much? Oh by the way thank you so much for our comment abyeb ^-^ if you have anymore insights please do share

Last edited:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Well yes domestic shorthair is a given but I was talking about what could be in his heritage. Domestic as horthair is another way of saying multiple breeds right.I know Opi is not a pure breed because he's rescued from the street. It's a %5 chance he would be lol. Anyway what I meant was what do you think he could be mixed with? A lot of cats here have mau blood mixed in them. I know Opi has mau blood that's a definite pretty much every cat found on the street here has at least part mau in them. I wondered what blood could be in his heritage because I'm use to American domestic cats short and long. Here it's rare to find a domestic long hair. I've only seen one here after a year of living here. It was so pretty! It was a calico. Wish I would of taken a picture. I probably would of begged the hubby to take her home if she was a feral cat lol. She wasn't though. She belonged to the store next to the fish store we were at. Anyway Opi has many charistics that I wanted to identify. Mau he definitely is part mau I will know how much mau when he gets bigger. Just the other parts are little bit of a thinkier. Mau's aren't very talktive like Opi is. I once considered him being all mau because it is possible to find a purebreed mau here just rare to find one on the street. I did a little research on Mau's to find out what he did have it in him. I found he did have a lot f stuff in common with the mau but not all. One big sighn is he's very talkative pure bred Mau's are not. His fur color indicates he is not an Egyptian mau. Egyptian Mau's don't come in ginger pattern. However he other Mau does. I still can't see if his spots are just on the top of his fur cause he's still tiny. I can't tell if he has a pouch yet he's still to small. His furr is still bit medium but it's not very short. When he was littler it was quite long just not long enough to be a long hair. It might just be kitten fluff lol. I once considered him being part Persian because of his fur but that is a high maybe no. I actually found pictures of him when we first found him on the street I'll put them in the album soon. I'm just curious to find out what he has in that kitty blood of his. Maybe some Siamese heritage cause he talks so much? Oh by the way thank you so much for our comment abyeb ^-^ if you have anymore insights please do share
I couldn't really see any certain breed influences screaming at me with Opi, but maybe some others have some insights to share. @1CatOverTheLine and Alejandra Rico Alejandra Rico , any ideas? kashmir64 kashmir64 has a lot of experience with Egyptian Maus, so we'll see if she can weigh in here as well.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I couldn't really see any certain breed influences screaming at me with Opi, but maybe some others have some insights to share. @1CatOverTheLine and Alejandra Rico Alejandra Rico , any ideas? kashmir64 kashmir64 has a lot of experience with Egyptian Maus, so we'll see if she can weigh in here as well.
Just like you, abyeb abyeb there is nothing in this cat clearly making me think on any especific breed. It seems to be quite a young kitten, so I don't know, maybe in a few months his features will point to one breed or another. He seems to have oriental-like face structure, or so I think, but that does not really tell much.
Probably @1CatOverTheLine could tell us something else, his eyes can see more than mine.

Last edited:

Opi-the-furry-conductor

Adult Cat
Purraise
He is not Egyptian Mau's xD there is another Mau's which is called Arabian Mau's :) Egyptian maus dont have Opi's coloring, they also have black skin around there eyes which looks like mascre. Arabian Mau's have pretty much all that Egyptian Mau's do just they can have red ginger pattern and there eyes don't have black skin I believe. Never new about the Arabian ones until I found it by accident online. Opi shows signs of being part Arabian Mau's. Guess we'll never know until he grows older though. Thank you guys for your insight ^-^

Last edited:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He is not Egyptian Mau's xD there is another Mau's which is called Arabian Mau's :)
Okay, sorry about that! When you said Mau I assumed you meant Egyptian Mau because that's what most people mean when they saw Mau without specifying. I didn't see any EMau, but still thought I'd call in a more trained eye. :)

I agree he does resemble an Arabian Mau somewhat, his head type is more "oriental" type, but that we'll be able to see better as he matures.

Are you located in the Arabian Peninsula?

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I concur. I don't see any Egyptian Mau in this absolutely adorable snuggly precious little kitten.

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nothing stands out to me either but, as the above have said, he is still just a kitten so as he ages something more may stand out. Opi! I love it! Thanks for giving him a loving home.

Opi-the-furry-conductor

Adult Cat
Purraise
I concur. I don't see any Egyptian Mau in this absolutely adorable snuggly precious little kitten.
As I said before multiple times NOT Egyptian Mau but Arabian Mau :) here watch this you'll know what I'm talking about.
Thank you for your insight ^-^ I'll wait until Opi is bigger to know more about him.

Opi-the-furry-conductor

Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay, sorry about that! When you said Mau I assumed you meant Egyptian Mau because that's what most people mean when they saw Mau without specifying. I didn't see any EMau, but still thought I'd call in a more trained eye. :)

I agree he does resemble an Arabian Mau somewhat, his head type is more "oriental" type, but that we'll be able to see better as he matures.

Are you located in the Arabian Peninsula?
It's no problemo ^-^ easy mistake I would of done the same thing. Also yes you did call a lot of stuff that an untrained eye can't see thanks fr that. To whether I am or not is for you to find out( >, •) lol. Anyway I'm excited for Opi to grow up and find out more.

Last edited: