What Breeds Do You Think My Cats Are?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
They are both so pretty! I would describe lovely Luna as a tortie Domestic Longhair, and sweet Starla as a dilute tortie Domestic Shorthair. So, they aren’t mixes, but, rather, the landrace cat breed. If you’re curious, you could get them DNA tested, which will tell you if they have genetic similarities to any breeds.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rachelreadsalot

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! I didn’t realize “dilute Tortie” was a thing so I looked it up and yep that’s totally my Starla

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The cats are quite similiar save the fur lengh. Is it pure coincidence, your choice, or are they siblings?

Rachelreadsalot

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No they’re not siblings. I have a personal love for Tortie cats. I rescued both of them from the animal shelter at different times. I was attracted to Starla’s Tortie cost but didn’t realize there’s a name for hers “dilute Tortie” until one of you mentioned it!

Rachelreadsalot

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Omg yes! Totally named Starla after one of their songs.

• Purraise
Reactions: jen

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Luna is a song of theirs too. Its a common pet name so I wasn't sure but when I saw the other was named Starla I had to ask haha

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, such beauties! I used to feed one stray Tortie before and each time she was a sight to behold. Love them!