What breeds do you see in her?

Freshpuppet3489

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’ve grown up with dogs my whole life, but about 4 months ago my boyfriends mom (who passed away) wanted me to help raise his kitties, along with this kitten who she had just gotten for him. The mom was part Bengal, she got away and came back pregnant. Once they were born the breeder left them in a cage outside. She came to us, we thought tabby/Bengal (even tho tabby isn’t a breed)
But I noticed some odd traits. Her fur color is only on the tip, she has very thin hair with no undercoat, asymmetrical pattern, longer back legs, a wedge shaped head and the spots are also on her skin, any ideas?

Attachments

The Goodbye Bird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Domestic shorthair.

Most cats are just domestic shorthairs and don't have any particular breeding. Unlike dogs, they were born perfect and didn't really need to be bred intensively just to live with us.

Now if I'm assuming a pure breed is in there, she's somewhat of a long cat and could have some Siamese or Oriental background, or even some Savannah admixture, though it would probably be distant in either case. It's the sixth picture that makes her look a little longer and leggier than normal, but only a little.

That tail could also be a Savannah's tail.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a beauty! I love tabbies who have those exotic wild looking faces. You can see the Bengal in her. I agree, she does look like she has some length to her body, especially when she is stretching up like she is doing in that last pic.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Freshpuppet3489

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is a beauty! I love tabbies who have those exotic wild looking faces. You can see the Bengal in her. I agree, she does look like she has some length to her body, especially when she is stretching up like she is doing in that last pic.
Thank you, I think most cats are beautiful since their markings and eyes are so different than dogs. Tabbies especially so

Freshpuppet3489

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Domestic shorthair.

Most cats are just domestic shorthairs and don't have any particular breeding. Unlike dogs, they were born perfect and didn't really need to be bred intensively just to live with us.

Now if I'm assuming a pure breed is in there, she's somewhat of a long cat and could have some Siamese or Oriental background, or even some Savannah admixture, though it would probably be distant in either case. It's the sixth picture that makes her look a little longer and leggier than normal, but only a little.

That tail could also be a Savannah's tail.
Thank you, I’ve only looked into cat breeds a little and I’m going to have to for vet school, so that’s good to know. My mom said she looked a little like an Egyptian mau. I’m skeptical since it’s such a rare breed. But I can sorta see it with her head shape. But at the end of the day, as you said it’s probably just gonna be classified as a dsh. I just get really curious about stuff like this <3

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, I think most cats are beautiful since their markings and eyes are so different than dogs. Tabbies especially so

Totally agreement. My Jeff is the sketch that I use for my avatar- I never got tired of looking at her.

Tabbies just have it where it counts. :)

Freshpuppet3489

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Totally agreement. My Jeff is the sketch that I use for my avatar- I never got tired of looking at her.

Tabbies just have it where it counts. :)
They really do and they have amazing personalities, btw adorable kitty ❤