What Breeds Do My Kitties Look Like?

Curlyqcatgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! I adopted two kittens and have gotten many suggestions as to what they might be. I’m posting here to see what everyone’s general consensus is!

Thanks in advance everyone! :lovecat:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Curlyqcatgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also they are almost a year old now! Birthday is sometime in February

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I think they are nice lookalike to Norwegian Forest Cats, with their long, thick fur and head shaped like an equilateral triangle. How much do they weigh now? NFCs are a giant breed, so if your adorable kitties are larger than average, we can have more confidence that they do have some NFC ancestry.

Curlyqcatgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The ginger cat is 11 pounds and the grey is 9 pounds!

S.Smith

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think they are nice lookalike to Norwegian Forest Cats, with their long, thick fur and head shaped like an equilateral triangle. How much do they weigh now? NFCs are a giant breed, so if your adorable kitties are larger than average, we can have more confidence that they do have some NFC ancestry.

Attachments

S.Smith

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Idk how to work this and I do apologize: kitty in my pic has a bro and when they were young - I called the one like yours — lil Fox ... sharp lil face with a sleek but tall body? — Fluuuuuuffy tail on yours is kinda why I’m asking.. the pic I hope to have added at the point in the thread - etc.. .. they are supposed to be pure bread Maine Coons in my case... any thoughts on if the kitty I’m trying to comment on is any part MC ? :)

Curlyqcatgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes people have mentioned they look part Maine Coon to me too! That has usually been people’s go to for them. Yours is beautiful!
It’s hard to tell with mine because they are obviously a mix of things so look like they have defining parts of certain cats, but then won’t have all of the parts obviously. Like yours has a gorgeous big mane, whereas mine have a tiny little puff of a mane, no where near yours’s length, and the mane is usually typical of the Maine Coons, right?

S.Smith

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That’s a good question, I’m not sure? They’re my moms cats, and brothers. Tiger (with more white in his coat) has always been much fluffier than his brother but Bode does kinda have a mane also? Anyway, yours seem young so maybe they’ll turn out to be gigantic fluff balls like these :) I figured u might like to see how different the brothers look so far as their manes go.

Attachments

Curlyqcatgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes they definitely look similar. And those two are soo beautI ful!