What Breeds Are My Cat? Part Siamese? Or Tokinese?

allycat_

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a female cat I got about 3 years ago. I can tell she is definitely not purebred (she is a shelter cat anyway so she has no papers)- she must be a mix. Is it possible to identify any of the breeds she might be? She seems very small-boned, but that might just be because the American short hair I had before her was HUGE- around 20 pounds- maybe a bit less. She only weighs about 7 pounds. She has roundish eyes, which are blue. She has white and brown fur (ranging from light brown to practically black), and a longish body. I added links to some pictures of her, which should help. Thank you!
View media item 419452View media item 419451View media item 419450View media item 419449

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She has more the look of a Snowshoe lookalike to me- that inverted "v" on the forehead with tuxedo markings. Snowshoes also have the body type of the old style Siamese- which I think your kitty is closer to than that of the modern-day svelte Siamese. It could be that your kitty is actually a descendant of a Snowshoe, or she could be the result of a Siamese x bicolor Domestic Shorthair, which also can cause those markings. Since she doesn't have papers, she would be called a seal point (in the Snowshoe pattern) Domestic Shorthair. She is very pretty!

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the Cat Site! She's beautiful. :)

In that last photo, I bet she loves that luxurious rug! Does she "push purr" and knead on it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

allycat_

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you abyeb! I hadn't even heard of snowshoe before, but I quickly looked it up- those markings are the closest I've seen so far to my kitties', so she probably does have some snowshoe ancestory- yay! Her body and head types are different, as you said, but I was wondering how she possibly could of came up with those markings- and now I know:).
PushPurrCatPaws- ohhhhhhhh yes- she loves that rug! She kneads it all the time- its so cute:).