What breeds are in my cat?

microvi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's not really important, but I always been curious to understand which kind of breeds could be in my cat.

It's really long and skinny also if weighs 11 pounds, has long ears, tail, and hind legs. it's super vocal.

It's really hyperactive (normal in a young cat), but sometimes can play roughly, and attack me as I was its buddy.

People told me that is a tabby, short hair, probably that's all.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

It's not really important, but I always been curious to understand which kind of breeds could be in my cat.

It's really long and skinny also if weighs 11 pounds, has long ears, tail, and hind legs. it's super vocal.

It's really hyperactive (normal in a young cat), but sometimes can play roughly, and attack me as I was its buddy.

People told me that is a tabby, short hair, probably that's all.
Probably, but Im not sure if it is all.

Could you send some more good pics, from aside too?

Do you know exactly how old he is?   Any background you know off?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

microvi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It was a stray cat, found when it was really little after the mother died ran over by a car. It's from the South of Arizona, US, I lived there for a few years. It has two brothers, I remember one was grey and the other darker. They told me that was around three months when I adopted him, so now is close to three years old. The nose is flat like the one of Oriental cats, the belly has long hairs and it's spotted, and it has long "feet". I add some more pics not beautiful, but with helping to see details and from aside as you said.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Technically, he is still a shorthaired tabby with white.   But I still have an impression, there could have beeing "something more" in his background.  Be it a bengal, be it as you mentioned, an oriental or siamese.

A siamese crossed out, the kittens wont be points any longer.

Still that lanky and long at three years, no longer a youth, he is lanky and long by his posture.

You know roughly how his bro looked, do you know how his mom looked?

Good luck!

microvi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think too that there is something more as you say. It's been neutered when it was little and eat a lot, but never took weight, more it is allergic to grain, it was really sick when I took him because of the diet, and I can give it only 100% grain free food. 

I think also the behavior is a bit particular, but I never had a cat if not when I was a kid, so I have not really experience about. It can be really possessive with me and aggressive if I don't give him enough attention, it can jump as 2 meter up. I want show you a video but upload it in Vimeo take forever!

microvi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry I forgot to reply to your question. I never saw the mother, I found him in a shelter, the two brothers were there too, but I don't remember much. they were completely different as color and pattern, one was really fluffy long hair and grey like a Persian cat, the other I think was black and shorter hair. Romeo, my cat, was already longer and bigger than the others cats at three months.

microvi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok...last post just to add a recent video.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Your cat is very beautiful with those facial markings, sheen on fur and long, long paws.  He looks quite a handful.

Wondering what his vocalizations are like, loud and usual cat like or different in any way?  I too am thinking he looks long and lean compared to most 3 year old short hair domestic tabbies and perhaps has some Oriental or hybrid history in his family.  Also makes sense if he is a big jumper and likes to climb and be up high, and lower tolerance for grain foods.

microvi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you MServant, your cat is really beautiful too, with long long paws looks like from the picture.

Romeo is particular, distrustful of all, except me. He is mostly a sweetheart, but when I ignore him for too long arrives to attack and bite me. Anyway, I can stop him easily with a strong NO. On the other site, he has never been aggressive or reacted to anyone or any other animal. Only two times he arrived to have the typical low loud meow of a mad cat, when a guy tried to take him up, and when a big dog arrived to his nose, but also in these cases any aggressive reaction (true that I was in the same room).

He is terribly vocal, never heard a cat chat so much and produce so many different sounds, but not easy to explain.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
LoL @microvi  , sounds a lot like Mouse with the attention seeking behaviours.  That's what Mouse used to do when he was a youngster.  Thankfully I managed to get him to see that looking cute and coming in for snuggles got my attention better than being a bitey monster chewing on my arm or jumping at my head....  You're right about his paws too - they are more like hands when he spreads them out - and he uses them like he has thumbs which is a bit scary. Romeo's chatter sounds Oriental but then some cats do just chatter a lot, esp if you chatter to them.  

I'm guessing Romeo is a short hair tabby with white but he is an especially sleek coated and athletic one who likes to chat and be the centre of attention.
  He may or may not have the same father as those borothers of his, and could be he has some interesting ancestry in there giving him that lovely sheen and long, sleek build.      

microvi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks skyre to share your opinion.

I can see the Abyssian and Egyptian mau, but what makes you think of an Ocicat? 

Just curious, cats are amazing in any colors and shapes!