What breed?

Faizan ali

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What breed could she be? I adopted her a week ago and the owner told me that it's a Scottish doll faced cat. There is no such cat on the internet? She looks alot like a British shorthair but her hair is not short it's a bit on the longer side. She did not come with any papers.
Screenshot_20220430-230058_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20220430-230101_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20220430-230100_WhatsApp.jpg
20220427_232729.jpg

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
She is one gorgeous girl

I wonder if she is a Scottish straight, she looks very similar. You get Scottish folds with bend ears and Scottish straights with normal ears.
Maybe the previous owner just got confused with what her breed is called. But, to me she does look very much like a Scottish straight

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Faizan ali

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is one gorgeous girl

I wonder if she is a Scottish straight, she looks very similar. You get Scottish folds with bend ears and Scottish straights with normal ears.
Maybe the previous owner just got confused with what her breed is called. But, to me she does look very much like a Scottish straight
Didn't know any such breed. She actually does look like it.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Scottish fold must always be outcrossed, and british is a common candidate for outcross.

And thus, in a scottish folds breeding programme come out some crosses, whom arent folds. HERE they are seen as legime, BUT very pet quality for any practical reasons.

Your luck, you got a beutie with a nice color of fur, a decent look alike to a british... Call her so, if so wish.

Ie a british with a doll face. A good description.

Faizan ali

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Scottish fold must always be outcrossed, and british is a common candidate for outcross.

And thus, in a scottish folds breeding programme come out some crosses, whom arent folds. HERE they are seen as legime, BUT very pet quality for any practical reasons.

Your luck, you got a beutie with a nice color of fur, a decent look alike to a british... Call her so, if so wish.

Ie a british with a doll face. A good description.
Interesting! Why must they always be out crossed? Is it because of the weak cartilage and the arthritis in folds? She is pregnant right now (I was not told she is pregnant before receiving the cat) and her baby daddies are 3 Persians. One is white with odd eyes, one beige and the other one is unknown. Any idea wht will be the results?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, its because of the cartilage. This gene doubled up is more or less deadly. Your girl probably hasnt it; because fold gene is dominant.

OK, she is a shadowed classic tabby. Tabby is dominant, Im not sure if shadowed is dominant or recessive.

White is very dominant, so his childs will be at least half of them white, probably all. (it depends if he is homozygot here, or heterozygot).
Beige - I dont know what you mean... He may even be a point! Nay childs probably wont be points, unless she happens to be a carrier...

I dont see her tail. Is it bushy? If not, her child will prob be shorthaired. Because longhair gene is recessive.
If bushy, all will be longhaired; because Persians are usually longhaired, unless they are of the Exotic type, whom are shorthair.

With unknown father: we will see the outcome. But she carries black color and classic tabby, childs will tend to take after her.

Faizan ali

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, its because of the cartilage. This gene doubled up is more or less deadly. Your girl probably hasnt it; because fold gene is dominant.

OK, she is a shadowed classic tabby. Tabby is dominant, Im not sure if shadowed is dominant or recessive.

White is very dominant, so his childs will be at least half of them white, probably all. (it depends if he is homozygot here, or heterozygot).
Beige - I dont know what you mean... He may even be a point! Nay childs probably wont be points, unless she happens to be a carrier...

I dont see her tail. Is it bushy? If not, her child will prob be shorthaired. Because longhair gene is recessive.
If bushy, all will be longhaired; because Persians are usually longhaired, unless they are of the Exotic type, whom are shorthair.

With unknown father: we will see the outcome. But she carries black color and classic tabby, childs will tend to take after her.
Her tail is not too bushy but she tends to have hair longer than the common stray cats we often find or longer than short-haired cats. I've only seen them in pictures so I don't know how long the hair of British American shorthair are but she seems to have hair longer than them. The second cat is more of a golden, light brownish shade. I'll attach pics.
Screenshot_20220503-160403_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20220503-160355_WhatsApp.jpg

Faizan ali

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
These pictures were sent to me by her previous owner

CuriousKittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

What do you mean by "shadowed"? Do you mean shaded?

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks like a Scottish straight. One study discovered now though that the straight eared cats can carry, it is incompletely dominant, carry the gene which causes defects and even cats who are heterozygous and hwo appear staright can have deformities and issues.