What Breed(s) Do I Look Like?

SummerStorm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
This is my love bug, Storm.
The lady that she was adopted from thinks she was a Russian Blue, but based on all of my research she looks like a Chartreux. The only characteristic that I have found that doesn't describe her well is her being quiet. She's very vocal, and mews and meeps all the time. She basically vibrates whenever she purrs and it's purrfect. Thank you for all of your help and any input will be greatly appreciated.
ALSO--- if you know of any bone/health issues related to what you think she is that would be nice to know.
My poor baby completely broke her femur in half in April, and just the other day I found out she snapped the Femoral head off of the same femur. (Her blood work is normal, Calcium and Phosphorus included, and they are going to send a bone sample off to test for Osteogenesis Imperfecta.)
Thank you again!!
Snapchat-352231323.jpg
Snapchat-593069612.jpg
Snapchat-1509904397.jpg
Snapchat-1839870977.jpg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Malta cat [Maltese] is the best label. Although Chartreux-look alike is good enough..

Re the healths problems, its best you write in the Health subforum. The chance is best to get best answers there.

Good you do have the contact with vet, and the test taken. Still, giving extra calcium cant be no wrong.

I would suggest goats milk - raw if you can get. Or some mild yoghurt, or some mild cheese. Although I had heard of cats whom liket best a relatively strong cheese...

Chicken bone broth is classical in many situations...

Salts helping with building up of bones? Kalium? So some minerale salt as little extra.
D- vitamine helps with bones with humans - Im not sure if D-witamine is healthy for cats, surely not an excess of it.

You have surely read on yourself.

Last edited:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He is a Chartreux lookalike, he even has their shining orange eyes! Without papers, though, he would be called a blue Domestic Shorthair or Maltese. Very handsome!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SummerStorm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is a Chartreux lookalike, he even has their shining orange eyes! Without papers, though, he would be called a blue Domestic Shorthair or Maltese. Very handsome!
I will do some research and she says thanks for all the compliments!!