What Breed(s) Are These?

doubledecker

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all, this is my first post and wanted to get your opinions on the breeds of my cats.

This is Kit Kat. I've been told he must have some mix of Siamese in him on the account of his short bair, blue eyes and long tail. His brother,my mom's cat, looks like an orange and white Maine Coon.
IMG_20180416_223038.jpg

This is Belle. After she found us we took her to the vet and the vet said she was a calico. I have never seen a calico colored like this before. She is very unique. Her fur is very soft and she has mitten paws.
IMG_20180419_160615.jpg

This chubby ginger is Tibby. I'm pretty sure she is just your everyday domestic tabby cat.
IMG_20180203_025958.jpg

Finally, this beautiful girl is Luna. A friend of mine said she is a tortie. I think she looks similar to a Himalayan or Ragdoll.
IMG_20180609_011523.jpg

I know most of my descriptions have been more about the coloring than the breeds but I can't confidently speak to what breed they are. Hopefully you all can help me out. I look forward to your opinions.

Thanks!

Attachments

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Problem is without paperwork they are just Domestic short/medium/longhair cats, it is a rare thing to "find" a purebred cat as a stray or from a shelter. That being said you can for sure see influences in their looks to make you think they remind you of a particular breed. The first one looks flame pointed, and with blue eyes it probably has some Siamese influence. Color pointed doesn't automatically mean Siamese though.

The second is most definitely not a calico. It is a domestic short haired tabby.

Third is a domestic short haired also. Orange tabby.

The last is GORGEOUS. Himalayans are color pointed so it likely isn't one. I would call her a domestic long hair, dilute torti in color.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
You have a lovely group of kitties! I would describe Kit Kat as a flame point Domestic Shorthair. In order for him to be a colorpointed cat, there must be a pointed breed somewhere in his ancestry. Which breed, we can't be certain of, and it could be pretty far back as well. He has lovely eyes.

It's more clear in the sink picture, but I think Belle is a torbie (tortoiseshell tabby) in coloring, because she has red patches mixed in with the brown, so she would be a torbie Domestic Shorthair. Her feet are so cute!

Tibby would be described as a red mackerel tabby Domestic Shorthair. He as a very sweet face. Luna would be a dilute tortie and white Domestic Longhair. Her pattern is beautiful!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
4 longhair tortie with white I want to call for calico! The color fields are separated. She may have persian ancestry with that flattish face.

2 is a tortie and tabby = torbie, possibly with some white.

Pretties all!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh oh I missed the second one also being in the last picture. Yes, torbie for sure (tabby/tortie)