What breed (or mix) is my cat

crazycats03

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Does anyone have an idea of what breed he may be. Milo is 8.5kg, was told when he was a kitten he would be a big cat. And he is. He has the two shades of grey and a little slightly lighter grey on his chest. And green eyes. I have never seen another cat with his coloring.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree, the coloring is less usual. He is surely a mix, and probably has an Ancestor, being so big.

What I know however, is his pattern.  He is a classic tabby (that circle on his side).  Called also for blotched or marbled.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazycats03

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for your input. Still would like to find out what ancestry 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Thanks for your input. Still would like to find out what ancestry 

If I must guess on something, so perhaps a British shorthair-descendant.  They can also be rather big, even if they arent as large as say Norwegians or Maine Coons.

In the recent  tread:   Russian Blue or a mix - someting alike that, there is a link to a place which makes DNA tests.  How reliable these tests I dont know.  I can imagine they are good for some exotic very specific breeds, but I really dont know how good they are, nor what they cost.  But there are these tests and if its important for you to catch every clue, its a way...

Last edited by a moderator: