What Breed Of Cat Would You Say?...

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What breed of cat would you say is the most affectionate and loyal to their human companions? Based off of general breed knowledge of course.

I have a domestic short hair boy who has my heart, and he behaves more attached to me than any of my other cats. I really love cats who have just a pure love for humans. I know some cats of every breed aren’t that way, but I’m curious about what breeds are considered the most loyal and loving.

5B9178AA-4905-4696-8612-583BEB129D0B.jpeg

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you asking because you are wondering about your cat's genetic background, or because you are thinking of getting another cat of a specific breed?

Love of humans isn't really a breed characteristic. All breeds are capable of developing deep attachments and close relationships with humans. Different breeds might vary in how they EXPRESS their affection, however. A breed might tend to be higher or lower energy; more or less vocal; more or less physically clingy and cuddly; more or less likely to engage in specific behaviors such as sitting on laps, sitting on shoulders,... Individuals within each breed can also vary a lot, so some might be much more demanding and clingy than others, etc.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are you asking because you are wondering about your cat's genetic background, or because you are thinking of getting another cat of a specific breed?

Love of humans isn't really a breed characteristic. All breeds are capable of developing deep attachments and close relationships with humans. Different breeds might vary in how they EXPRESS their affection, however. A breed might tend to be higher or lower energy; more or less vocal; more or less physically clingy and cuddly; more or less likely to engage in specific behaviors such as sitting on laps, sitting on shoulders,... Individuals within each breed can also vary a lot, so some might be much more demanding and clingy than others, etc.
Not wondering about his genetic makeup lol he’s domestic short hair. More wondering about a cat that would be a lap cat, want to be held, and overall affectionate. I have a bond with all of my other cats, but they never let me carry them, or keep them on my lap for very long.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When people say they want a lap cat, I always think of Burmese. The ones I have known were very cuddly and enjoyed lap sitting. There is also the European Burmese, Burmilla (originally a combination of Burmese and Chinchilla Persian), Tonkinese (originally a combination of Burmese and Siamese), and then the Siamese and Oriental breeds are said to be very affectionate also, but I don't have personal experience with any of those breeds.