What breed of cat is this?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
wow!  what a pic, what a cat!   What are the circumstances?   Lotsa of very long hairs too.

My guess would be it has some quite recent Persian backround.  An even wilder guess - both Persian and Norwegian Forest Cat.  Int this case the ancestry may ge quite near.  Which could explain both the long hairs, and the pattern - quite common in NFC.

Another shot may be the Turkish Angora, quite recently ancestry in that case.   After all, thinking on,  I think I will laid my vote on this as may main guess.

I dont think there is any purebred breed who looks exactly like that.  Unless it is some variation of Turkish Angora, look into them.

Good luck!

alyseal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I vote ragdoll with those blue eyes.  What a beauty!! 

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous cat!   Do you have a photo from another angle that shows more non- white coat?   I am just trying to confirm that the cat is a Seal Point and White (specifically Seal Bicolor) ,  which it appears to me to be.  

(The other color possibility would be Black and White Bicolor.   but the dark part looks to me more like very very dark seal brown instead of black.   If I saw more of the cat and saw that there is some lighter brown color on the body , that would confirm it's seal point and white instead of black & white. )

If this IS a Seal Bicolor,  I do think a very good guess would be  Ragdoll;  some of them do have coats this long.

I do see some resemblance in this photo to Norwegian Forest Cat  as Stefan mentioned,   but I don't know if the cat would look like one from the side.

Stefan, I could see a Norwegian Forest Cat x Persian cross turning out with a head shape and coat like this!    I too see some things that remind me of both,  though  I doubt the cat really is that mix.   Persians seldom have such deep blue eye color .     and if the cat IS pointed,  it is unlikely to be half NFC,  since they would not usually carry pointed;   that pattern is not native to Norway and  isn't a permitted pattern in NFCs.    

Turkish Angora would not be pointed either.  I'm not really seeing  Turkish Angora.   but those cats look quite different  in Turkey compared to how the breed has become in the West via selective breeding  .