What Breed Of Cat Is My Rescue?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would describe your beautiful boy as a black domestic longhair. Most cats are not any particular breed, so we describe them as domestic shorthair or longhair depending on coat length. It's normal for solid black longhaired cats to have a brownish or grayish tint to the undercoat. He is very handsome and looks happy!

Faikey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was also going to go with a domestic longhair. Pretty cat. I don't see any distinctive breed features

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is almost the spitting image of my Kumal, only much fatter.
Without papers he is a DLH (domestic long hair). But what a beautiful DLH.

Faikey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Adorable! But after researching the breed a bit and speaking with other owners she has very distinctive facial skeletal and muscular features I found unique to coons. It was interesting!

I think shes a mix between tabby and coon. But still adorbs. And huge. I was streaming the other day and I called her name and she ran to me from the other room like normal and my friend couldnt believe it. I taught her a variation of paw and hand fiving after seeing other coon tricks online.

mmontag

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That is interesting! I haven't thought of teaching my cat tricks, although she says, "ok", and "hi". Every time I would leave to go work I would say, "I'll be back ok?" or "be good OK?".. and then she sees me go out the door.. before you know it when she wants to go outside she walks up to me and says, "Okaay".. hilarious. I finally got it on video. Same thing with, "Hi" as that's what I say every time I come home. Funny because once two students were looking at the apartment next to mine, which was empty at the time and she was in there and the girls say, "oh how beautiful, Hi!", and my cat says, "Hi".. Haa haa, they were beyond themselves. But unlike with a parrot you can't make her say anything.. it's always in the moment. That's why it took me a long time to get it on video! Is this common?

Faikey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is interesting! I haven't thought of teaching my cat tricks, although she says, "ok", and "hi". Every time I would leave to go work I would say, "I'll be back ok?" or "be good OK?".. and then she sees me go out the door.. before you know it when she wants to go outside she walks up to me and says, "Okaay".. hilarious. I finally got it on video. Same thing with, "Hi" as that's what I say every time I come home. Funny because once two students were looking at the apartment next to mine, which was empty at the time and she was in there and the girls say, "oh how beautiful, Hi!", and my cat says, "Hi".. Haa haa, they were beyond themselves. But unlike with a parrot you can't make her say anything.. it's always in the moment. That's why it took me a long time to get it on video! Is this common?
I actually had a hard time getting my cat on video as well to show my online friend her tricks and how she ALWAYS comes to me when called. I was streaming my cats and I randomly said my cats name and bam my cat ran on video out of another room right into my lap. He couldnt believe it. I had to keep calling her to show that she comes when called. It took a while to get her to do her tricks on the camera too. Shes always looking at me for training queues and others as well. Kinda like she sees the other person guesturing at her but doesn't know what he wants her to do. She just started greeting my bf in the morning and chirping at him after his alarm goes off as a hello like she did for me every morning. She was already spooning with me but heard the alarm and walked to my bf immediately and promptly chirped once to acknowledge the alarm for him (haha). I'm a big fan of "do as I do" training methods (highly effective btw for dogs) and she does a lot of what I do now. After I pet her and scratch her whiskers which she loves she pets my face with her paw in a cute patting motion. If I touch her paw she touches my hand back. One time she was kinda nervous because a dog ran at her and she went under the apartment foundation and when i called her and she ran into my arms the kids wanted to hold her. Shes a huge cat (only getting bigger now too) and the kids wanted to hold her. Even though she was terrified I knew she wouldn't scratch anyone and I handed her to a little 4 year old who couldnt even hold her properly due to her size and let this little kid pet her uncomfortably before the kid gave her back. Shes so docile.

I still can get her on film opening doors.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise